Chapter 46: Earth Queen and Councillors

Saira's P.O.V.

As I woke up next morning, Iroh was already gone. It was his last day in Republic City because he had to go on a new mission. My whole body ached and last night made something clear: Iroh was more dominant than anyone would think. I noticed, no I felt that after the second time. He was gentle the first two parts of the night but the others were getting rougher by each minute that passed.
That's when I understood that he was the dominant one and that he "allowed" me to do whatever I wanted. His kindness was only a facade and if he wanted something, he would get it, no matter how. I wouldn't have a chance against him, if he wouldn't do me the favour and let me live my life how I wanted it.

I didn't want to stay the rest of the day in bed since I was too tired of laying and I had to work. As I tried to stand up, my whole body ached.

Mission failed.

But I never gave up that  easily and tried again. I walked straight to the bathroom and looked into the mirror, gasping. My body had marks and bruises everywhere, he only had mercy on my face. I still could feel every touch, every kiss on my damaged body. As I already said, that kindness was only a facade of Iroh.
I stepped into the shower and as I finished, there were several questions on my mind.

Where is Asami? Where is Hiroshi? Where were they yesterday night and today?

I looked at the clock and realized I had enough time to catch Hiroshi and Asami. So I dressed as fast as possible and ran to to my car. A couple of minutes passed and I reached Asami's school, where I could see Hiroshi.

"Mr. Sato?"

"Ah, Saira. Nice to see you."

"The pleasure is on my side. I've missed Asami and you yesterday."

"Oh, didn't the General tell you? I have found a fitting mansion for Asami and me. We already moved there, that's the reason, why we weren't present. Did you need something?"

"I missed Asami. That's why I asked."

Hiroshi chuckled:"Thank you very much for your and the General's help, Saira. Asami and I really appreciate it."

"It was a pleasure. If you excuse me, I need to head to the council."

That was the reason, why Asami and Hiroshi weren't at home yesterday. I was happy that Hiroshi could move on with his life and I was impressed how strong he was. I drove past the council because I was lost in thoughts.
As I stepped in, Tenzin rushed to me and pressed something in my hands.

"What is that?"

"It's an invitation. Pema and I are going to marry."

"Why is everyone getting married?"

"Pardon?"

"Uh, what I meant to say was congratulations. I'm really happy for the both of you. But why did you give me two?"

"The other one is for Iroh. Since he is not here, I thought of giving it to you."

"Thank you Tenzin."

"You are most welcome. Oh and Saira! The Earth Queen will visit us today."

"What? When?"

"In the evening. Since she is a good friend of Izumi, she wishes to be welcomed by you."

"You are friends with Izumi too."

"But you are the Fire Nation Representative."

"Oh, so that's why. Okay, I'll be ready."

"Saira, because of the speech...you are the Fire Nation Representative, you can include the Fire Nation too. But please do not forget that you also represent the United Republic tonight. So I would advice you to speak more about the United Republic. You could also include your state visit too."