2:23

| THE STAND: CHAPTER TWENTY THREE |

| THE STAND:
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE |

"Rhea Monroe, now there's a face I absolutely expected to see at the centre of all the Mikaelson drama." Rhea heard as she walked out of one of the various shops in the French Quarter, turning, she saw Stefan Salvatore stood beside her.

"Stefan Salvatore." She greeted with a playful smile, "Here to thank me for saving you from having your life tied to Klaus'?"

Stefan chuckled, "As thankful as I am, you know he's probably already plotting your death?"

"Hasn't he been doing that since the moment he met me?" Rhea grinned, Stefan shook his head at her playful attitude.

"I just wanted to see you, before I go." Stefan said sheepishly.

"Back to being on the run?" Rhea questioned, Stefan's face showed surprise, wondering how she knew he was on the run.

"I can practically smell that mark on your chest, what have you and your brother been up to that involved Rayna Cruz marking you with her mystical sword of all things creepy?" Rhea knew that being marked by Rayna Cruz meant you didn't have much time left and she felt sad for her old friend.

"It's a, really long and complicated story," Stefan said sheepishly, "I just wanted to say goodbye." Rhea nodded in understanding, he was saying goodbye for good.

"Now, you know I'm not a hugger, but I think this is an exceptional circumstance." Rhea said before wrapping her arms around Stefan's torso, the vampire wrapped his arms around her, the two stayed in the embrace for a few moments.

"I hope you find a way to bring back Kol, as much as I hate the guy." He picked his rucksack up, "Goodbye, Rhea Monroe."

"See you, Stefan."

▽▲▽▲▽

JERUSALEM: 1118 AD

Rhea and Ares Monroe were in big trouble. Their stay in Egypt had been successful, until that day.

"Keep running!" Rhea shouted breathlessly to her brother, the siblings quite literally, had an army on their tail.

"What do you think it is that I'm doing, sister? Dancing?" Ares asked sarcastically, "It's your fault we are in this mess, you just killed the King of Jerusalem!"

Rhea rolled her eyes, "He tried to bed me!"

Yes, Rhea had indeed, just hexed Baldwin I of Jerusalem, sentencing him to a cruel death— some of his men had took him away, attempting to cure him but they never would. And the rest of his men? They were out for Rhea and Ares' blood.

They entered the woods, hoping to shake off the army in here, or at least get somewhere safe. For now.

"You know, killing the king was probably the most attractive thing I've seen a woman do." A voice called out, Rhea stopped dead in her tracks. She knew that voice. She could place it anywhere, but it couldn't be.

Slowly, she turned. One hundred and sixteen years without Kol Mikaelson couldn't have gone slower that it did, every day she dealt with the emotional scars that he had left her with.

"Kol.." she whispered, not believing her eyes. He took a cautious step towards her.

"Would it be completely ridiculous of me to ask for your forgiveness? I shouldn't have left you, everything has been a dark, twisted nightmare without you. You're my other half, Rhea. I can't be without you a moment longer." Rhea took a step towards him, placing her palm on his cheek.

"You're really here." He nodded, feeling overwhelmed, a century without Rhea Monroe had crippled him.

He was more monster than man without her, he needed her.

"As much as I hate to intrude, what are we going to do about that?" Ares asked, pointing to the army of angry kings- men coming towards them.

Kol grabbed Rhea's hand, "Together?"

Rhea nodded, "Always."

And that was the day that Rhea and Kol became one again, their broken souls piecing themselves back together— after a century of being torn in two.

It was also the day the three of them took down an entire army— something the history books couldn't tell you.

▽▲▽▲▽

Ares and Davina had left Rhea alone in the apartment, somehow, they thought she needed to be alone for this.

She looked around at the magic circle— Ares and Davina had set up for her while she went to the shop to get some supplies— made of salt, with various runes and magical sigils created within it. She grabbed the silver urn containing Kol's ashes from a nearby table, bringing it to the middle of the circle, where she set it on the floor in front of her. She grabbed the vial of blood from her bag, pouring into the urn of ashes.

"The blood of two brothers, the ash of their dead. The blood of two brothers, the ash of their dead." Rhea stretched her arms in front of her, closing her eyes as she started to cast the resurrection spell, channeling the nexus vorti Klaus created to fuel her magic further.

"Le sang des deux frères, les cendres de leurs morts. Le sang des deux frères, les cendres de leurs morts."

A strong gust of wind blew through the apartment as she continued chanting the spell, until finally, an ash-covered Kol Mikaelson, in his original body, suddenly appeared, naked and kneeling on one knee in front of her. When Rhea finally opened her eyes, she couldn't believe it and Kol himself seemed shocked to finally be back in the land of the living. Rhea had the most breathtaking smile light up her features whilst Kol smiled widely as he laughed.

"I should marry you right now, my beautiful, Rhea Monroe."

▽▲▽▲▽

Stop me.
Stop me, right now.
-Meg