THE BIRTH OF THE TWINS

Harry is ready to have the babies and Louis has been by his side since he got to the hospital seven hours ago. Louis tells Liam and Niall that Harry will be having the babies any minute now and he will let them know when he has them. Liam and Niall are waiting in the lobby and they are pacing like expectant fathers.

Meanwhile, Harry is having severe contractions and getting ready to push the twins out. Louis asks if there is anything that he can do to help keep Harry calm and Erin tells him to just have him focus on his breathing. Erin tells Harry on his next contraction to start pushing, and so he does. It takes him about 20 minutes to push out the first baby and it was a boy. And after about 15 minutes he pushes out the girl. They are both a bit small but they are both about a month and a half early, so they tend to be smaller and also being twins.

Jonathan James Tomlinson

Feb. 14, 2016 8:22 pm

4 lbs. 8 oz.

16 inches long

Jennifer Marie Tomlinson

Feb. 14, 2016 8:37 pm

4 lbs. 3 oz.

14 1/2 inches long

Harry and Louis get to hold them for just a couple of minutes before they are taken to the Neonatal Intensive Care. Since they were born early and so small, the twins will have to stay in the hospital for about a month before they can be released. They will need to be over 6 lbs. each and be able to breath on their own. After making sure that Harry is taken care of, Louis heads to the lobby to let Niall and Liam know that the twins were born and they can go home until sometime tomorrow.

Liam asks how they are doing and Louis tells him that the twins are in NICU and they will likely have to stay there for about a month. Louis tells them how big they were and that as soon as they gain a little weight and can breath on their own, Harry and him can bring them home. Niall tells Louis that him and Liam will make sure that the nursery is completely done before Harry comes home. Louis thanks them and tells them that he is going to be going back to his husband and mate and he will call them and let them know when Harry is up for visitors.

Louis gets back to the room and Harry is sleeping. He knows that Harry needs his sleep, because he hasn't really been getting any lately. The twins have been really active and they have not been letting Harry get any sleep during the night. So Louis pulls up a chair by Harry's bed and sits down waiting for Harry to wake up. Louis just sits in the chair admiring every little detail about Harry.

After a couple of hours, Harry wakes up and wants to go and see his babies. Louis tells him that he will have to get a wheelchair before they head down to see their babies. Harry tells him to go and get one because he wants to see his babies right now. Louis goes out to the nurses station and asks them for a  wheelchair so that he can take Harry down to see their twins. He comes back with the chair and helps Harry into the chair and then they make their way down to see the twins.

Harry and Louis have to wash their hands and wear special gowns over their clothes to see their babies. Once they get in there, Louis pushes Harry straight to the beds that they are in and when he sees them in their beds he begins to cry. Harry is saddened by seeing their babies in there and not being able to hold them. Louis comforts Harry and tells him soon enough he will be able to hold his babies. The two of them sit and just look at the twins for a little bit.

After they see them, Louis and Harry head back to Harry's room and Harry gets back in bed. He asks Louis to join him in there and he does. They cuddle and fall asleep in each others arms.

SO IT IS SHORT BUT LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT.