Preference

blub

(A/N: Hey guys! I hope you are all doing okay. I just want you to know that all of my accounts and posts (here, Tumblr, wherever,) will be election free. The whole thing makes me anxious and I know it's a lot worse for other people. My accounts will always be a place to escape the fear and scariness of the world, wherever you are. Remember to eat something, drink some water and take your meds! Love you!)

Narnia Preference: They have an insomniatic night

Caspian

"Cas," you mumbled, rolling over in the bed to face your husband, "what are you doing?"

Caspian couldn't sleep. He kept tossing and turning, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in, but it wasn't working.

"Sorry, love." He felt bad for waking you, seeing as you had had a stressful day in court. "Go back to sleep."

"Is something wrong?" You lit the candle on your side of the bed, needing to be able to see Caspian better. "Caspian?"

"I don't think so. I just can't seem to get any sleep," he sighed, laying back on his pillow. "It's just one of those nights."

"Is there anything I can do?" you asked.

"Try and get some sleep?" Caspian suggested. "It makes me feel even worse knowing that you're losing sleep over me."

You smiled. "I think I can manage that." You moved closer to Caspian, nestling your head into his neck and resting your hand on his chest.

Peter

You hugged your robe tighter around your body, running down the stairs of the castle to the last place you could think of to look for Peter. Your feet pattered against the stone floor. When you reached Peter's study, you knew someone was in there, judging by the light coming from beneath the door. You quickly pushed the door open, revealing a bored Peter sat at his desk.

"Peter!" He jolted, sitting up straight. "Where have you been? I woke up and you were gone!"

"I'm sorry," he apologized. "I couldn't sleep, but I didn't want to wake you up, so I came down here."

You crossed the room and hugged his head to your chest. "I'm not mad, you idiot. You scared me, that's all." He wrapped his arms around your waist, resting more against you than his chair.

Edmund

"Are you feeling sleepy?" You asked Edmund, whose head was on your stomach as you read him a book by the candlelight.

Edmund had woken you up in the middle of the night, apologizing but saying that he couldn't sleep to save his life. He had shifted to lay on your stomach, lit the candle and handed you the book you were currently reading.

"Ed?" You whispered again. When he didn't respond, you lowered your book. Edmund had fallen asleep, curled into a ball, clinging to your night gown.