01: Who's he?

Taraji

I feel so empty inside. It's like,every time I listen to a love song,I don't feel the love,I just get reminded of how lonely I am.

I've had this feeling ever since I started acting. I'm work driven and I don't stop working until I feel like I'm gonna faint.

But it's the only way to numb the pain. I've only ever really loved once. But he broke my heart.

I guess-

"Taraji!"a loud voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Uhm...Sorry,Penny. You were saying?"I ask my personal assistant.

"I was saying that Lee,the writer of Empire would like to cast you as one of the main characters."

I think about it. Do I really wanna over complicate my life? Maybe I should start turning offers down. Maybe take a trip and find myself again.

"Ok. Set up a meeting"I find myself saying. "Great!"Penny says.

Why the hell did you just do that?!

A WEEK LATER

Today was spent doing a photo shoot for the cover of Elle magazine. It's been four hours and we're finally finished.

I'm on my way home in the black JEEP I bought last month,being driven home when my phone rings.

*phone rings*

Taraji: Hello?

Unknown: Hi,miss Henson. This is Lee. I presume Penny told you about my offer?

Taraji: Yeah,he did. I've agreed to it.

Unknown: Great! We'd like you to know that we are so excited that you've agreed and that you're gonna have a blast!

Taraji: *chuckles* Aight,Lee. I'm looking forward to it too

Unknown: We have an introduction and line rehearsal for the first episode tomorrow morning at 10. I'll send you the location shortly. See you there!

Before I can say anything else,Lee's rude ass hangs up.

Well...whatever!

When I go to bed,all I can think about is tomorrow. Will it be like the rest of those damn shows that I do? Or will I actually make friends this time. Friends that last.

*

*

*

*

*

A/n: Super short,but this is just an intro to how she's living. She gets more vibrant later on in the book,don't worry.

What did you think?

Oakenoaklots888🍓