There Are Mistakes

(So I play a game online called Final Fantasy, and I made Jana lol I also tend to pronounce it as John-uh, does anyone do that? My friends say Jann-uh. Yes, he does have cat ears and a tail >...>' just ignore those parts.)

A.J.-

The smell of something cooking roused Jake from his light sleep. He had a habit of never truly falling into a deep sleep anymore, as he would always get woken up by his parents at the most unnecessary times to do chores or simply because they wanted to bother him. 

"Jacob?" 

Hearing Jade's voice immediately brought Jake to his feet. The room spun for a moment as he opened his eyes, but he quickly managed to get himself balanced, then hurried to the kitchen. His bare feet brought him to a stop right in front of Jade's black sock-covered ones. Jake's eyes were on the floor and his back was straight, even though he was still very tired. 

"We're going to have an early dinner, as I have to be up early for work." Jade said. Jake nodded as he replied with a quiet "Yes sir." at the same time his stomach growled loudly. 

The sound got a chuckle from the taller man. "There is a cushion on the floor beside one of the chairs at the table, please go sit." 

"Yes sir," Jake said as he turned on his heels and went toward the dining room. The deep red cushion sat next to one of the chairs placed at the end of the table. It was a slightly different style, and also a little bigger than the other chairs. 

Walking over to the cushion, Jake carefully got himself situated on it, crossing his legs in front of himself. While Jade was busy in the kitchen, Jake silently wondered if he should have offered to help or at least set the table, but Jade had already given him the order to go sit down... 

Looking down at his new pair of comfortable grey sweatpants, Jake began picking at a small loose thread as he sat nervously contemplating whether he should offer his assistance or not. It didn't make much sense to, since he wasn't a good cook, but he could at least set the table. 

"Do you not appreciate your new clothing?" 

Jake jumped when Jade spoke behind him. His shoulders hunched as he mumbled a response. "I appreciate them, sir." 

Jade dropped down into the seat beside Jake, making him hunch a little further. "Sit up straight." There was a quiet at the end of the order that made Jake's hungry stomach twist into worried knots as he did his best to straighten his spine. 

When he heard one plate being set down on the table, he couldn't help but glance up at it for just a brief moment before returning his eyes to his hands on his knees. 

"One of my big rules, that you will be required to never bend or break, is that I always eat first unless you're given permission to do so. You will always get as much food as necessary, as you need to gain a good amount of weight, but you will wait until I have finished. Is that clear?" 

Any normal person would have been upset about such a strict rule, especially when they were starving, but the promise of food, even if he had to wait a bit longer for it, was no issue to Jake. He even smiled at his hands as he responded with an appreciative voice. "Yes sir. I appreciate your kindness and will wait for my turn to eat." 

He truly had no issue with the rule, but as the smell of sauteed vegetables, chicken and mashed potatoes took over his nose, his stomach refused to stop grumbling as loud as it could. Jake fought himself to keep from hunching again, but he knew that his ears were getting red from embarrassment. 

"Jacob." Jade said as the sound of his fork being set down made Jake's stomach sink.

Jake's eyes rose to meet Jade's chest. "Yes sir?" He was ready to apologize for ruining the man's meal with his stomach's noises when he saw Jade shift a little, then lean over and reach for him. His large hands grasped gently beneath Jake's arms and began lifting. "Up," he said calmly, a hint of comfort in his words instead of frustration.