Josephine's Secret (Ongoing)

"I don't want to be your mate." she tells me.

"Why don't you want to be my mate, sweetheart?" I ask, wincing when she growls at me.

"Don't fucking call me that." she snaps.

"Why?"

"Because I can't be Luna." she whispers. Just for a split second, I see pain in her eyes, but the emotion disappears as soon as it came. "You live in a nice house, you have food on the table everyday, and..."

My mate shuts her mouth as if she had spoken too much. "Finish what you were going to say." I urge.

"I can't." she whispers, tears forming in her eyes. "It's... It's a secret."

************

Josephine Mancini has been abandoned by her family when she was just fifteen years old. Now a senior at her local high school, she tries her best to ignore her family's absence and move on with her life.

Archer Stone is the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack, the strongest and most feared werewolf pack in North America. He's known for his merciless ways and violent persona. Everyone thinks that he's incapable of feeling love, but in reality, he's just been saving himself for his mate.

The only problem when he meets his mate is that Josephine tries to reject him on the spot. Ever since her family left, she hasn't felt the need to have anyone's love or support. She believes that having a mate will only hurt her in the long run and that Alpha Stone will only use her to provide an heir, then dismiss her afterwards. Over the years, she has grown accustomed to living an independent life.

Archer wants to begin his first romantic relationship with his mate, but he has to prove to Josephine that not everyone she loves will abandon her before they can start dating. She doesn't believe that she's fit to be Luna and that her reputation will cause problems. Lunas don't get failing grades, work three jobs, or struggle to pay rent.

Will Archer be able to show her that love isn't always a bad thing? Or will Josephine keep her financial and family problems to herself?

Werewolf aggressive alpha archer cruel