3:02

| THE AFTERMATH: CHAPTER TWO |

| THE AFTERMATH:
CHAPTER TWO |

"We'll just get Nik to bleed into that chalice. Add some oleander and a spotted owl feather, I'll give you the incantation, and we'll be good." Kol told Freya as he started snacking on a blood bag.

"Impressive, you created this spell?"

Kol smiled nostalgically, "Well Rhea done all the leg work, there's no witchcraft on this planet that we haven't studied. But we both know you're well aware of that."

Freya laughed lightheartedly as the two sat down on nearby chairs.

"You and I met a century ago, didn't we?" Kol asked, "You were the only witch in town I couldn't charm into doing my bidding. Honestly, I just figured you fancied my girlfriend."

Freya rolled her eyes playfully, giving him a look, "Oh, because that's the only reason a woman wouldn't swoon for you?"

Kol smiled as he shrugged his shoulders, "Well, either that, or you're my long-lost, not-so-dead older sister."

Freya seemed happy at his comment, "I'm glad you're back. You should know, Rebekah kept her promise to fight for you... before the curse. I suppose we're all lucky Rhea never once gave up on you."

Kol frowned, looking at his watch, it was getting late and he was sure Rhea would have his head for it.

"She's always done right by me, hasn't she?" He questioned out loud.

Freya smiled, nodding at her brothers question, "She went through a dark phase, when you were gone. I've never seen someone so hurt, she loves you Kol, more than anything in this world."

He frowned again, not liking the thought of her in so much emotional pain, "I have to do right by her, from now on," he reached over, grabbing a pen and paper, "You mind if I write the spell down?"

He started to scribble down the incantation, "There's somewhere I ought to be." Freya smiled, visibly happy for him.

▽▲▽▲▽

Rhea had given up on Kol being home anytime soon and had changed into an oversized t-shirt, she was just getting a drink when she could sense someone's eyes on her.

"I was beginning to think you weren't coming back," she confessed, turning to Kol, stood in the doorway.

"Rhea, you should know by now that I will always come back to you." She nodded hesitantly, taking a step towards him.