15

Previously on Pure Happiness

"He knows what he did was wrong and he regrets it," Beth said to her as both girls looked at Damon as he walked away.

"If only it was that easy," the brunette said before getting up and joining the rest of the group.

~~~

Almost two days had passed since the sacrifice and while the Mystic Falls gang mourned others were celebrating.

Klaus Mikaelson had spent the last few days as a wolf, creating a mess for his brother to clean up.

He woke, naked in the forest, and looked around in awe with a smile on his face as he remembered everything that had happened the days he had spent as a wolf. He was so occupied with his memories that he didn't seem to notice that his dark haired, older brother was there. It wasn't until Elijah threw him some clothes that Klaus was brought out of his thoughts.

"You've been busy," the older original remarked as his brother turned to look at him.

"That was amazing. How long has it been?" Klaus asked as he began to get into the clothes that Elijah had thrown.

"Almost two days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf."

"I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember everything," Klaus said as if in a daze after he had fully changed.

"Yes. I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way."

"I don't mean just my kills, Elijah. I saw Beth."

"Beth?" Elijah asked alarmed hoping that his brother hadn't hurt the young girl.

"Yes. She was the first person I encountered as a wolf," Klaus stopped for a second when he saw the concern look on his brother's face, "I didn't hurt her, Elijah. But I was ready to attack before I had seen who it was. Once I made eye contact with her... I couldn't. She somehow recognized me."

Elijah looked at him strangely. The man was a little surprised that his brother had held back. But then again, he himself had looked into the girl's eyes. And once you did, you could see her light, and it made you afraid to hurt her but he didn't think this would also apply for his brother.

"I wasn't aware you knew of the girl, let alone that you are fond of her," he commented.

"It's hard not to be fond of someone like her," Klaus breathed out.

~~~

Beth had gotten up that morning to a note on the kitchen table from her father. It read, Sorry Beth. There's an emergency at work and have to fly out to California. I'll see you in 2 weeks.

The strawberry blonde sighed as she put the note down on the table and grabbed her keys before heading out. Caroline had woken her earlier telling her to go watch Gone With the Wind at the town square with Elena, Jeremy, and herself so that was what she was going to do.

Once she got out of her car, Beth saw Jeremy and Elena setting a picnic blanket down so she hurried to join them just as Caroline came over to her with picnic baskets in her hands.