Chapter Ten

I was excited when Silas told me we would be leaving for his pack tomorrow. I was tired of the awkward silences between him, Kota, and I everytime we would talk about something pack related. I was happy to get us all out of this pack, since what Kota and Silas were talking about seems to be true.

Now everytime I leave the house I look around me. I see the way that the men will jump amd hold onto their mates hands just a little but to hard. Or the way that a mom will be looking behind her back as she drags her pups back into the house with her.

I can't believe that I was so blissfully ignorant off all that was going on. I thought that the only problems with my pack was the deragotory ways they treated omegas, but now I realize how wrong I was.

I'm not mad at Kota for hiding it from me either, because I don't think I would have been able to look over my shoulder everyday of my life, waiting for an attack that was bound to happen, just like all the other pack members went through. But then I rememeber that Kota also went through all the pain and suffering, by himself, and it makes the hardness around my heart chip away until all of the hate and anger is gone only leaving a mushy red mess called my heart. Open and completely devoid of any resentment towards my brother.

"Sorenson. I need help with packing things up, and I need to ask a question." Silas yelled from inside my room. I hummed to myself and I made my way to where he was. When I walked into my room I saw him frowning at something in his hands before tucking it away in the box.

"What did you need?" I ask with an amused smile on my lips. Silas was currently holding my book collection, which mainly held romance books, cheesy, gay, romance books.

"Uh, I needed to talk to you about your parents. I can't take Kota, Gabriel, and Zain with me without their permission." Siaals said as he stood up and wiped his hands off on his jeans. He gave me a sad smile before sitting down on my bed. I walked slowly towards him amd sat down softly next to him.

"They aren't home a lot. They are both warriors, and I don't think they would really care if we disappeared." I whisper as I look at the blank white wall in front of me. Devoid of any emotion at all, completely blank.

"I know, but I have to have their permission, otherwise I could start a war, and even though I know we could demolish this pack, I don't want to waste innocent lives." Silas answered quickly as he grabbed one of my hands. He held it up to his mouth before giving it a brief kiss.

"I don't know how to contact them, you will have to ask Kota, he will probably know." I mutter before standing up and heading out to the kitchen.

I pull out the few pots and pans I packed before heading to the almost empty fridge, but it has exactly what I need to make an apple pie.

Silas soon comes out of the room and sighs when he sees me baking. Over the last few days he has become rather familiar with my stressed baking. I know he loves eating my food, but I think even a man his size, had a breaking point of desserts.

"Sorenson, I didn't mean to make you stressed, I just wanted to talk to you about it, because if I don't get their permission then we can't leave." Silas stressed as he set dowm the two boxes he brought with him from my room. They seemed to be full of all my books, extremely heavy books. I don't even know how he was able to carry them, muscles and all.

"Why didn't you tell me before the day before we were leaving, Silas?" I asked angrily as I chopped the apples. He sighed behind me before coming up next to me and wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzling his nose against my neck, my weak spot, and the little prick knows it.

"I didn't want to worry you, I don't like seeing you stressed, and I just couldn't think of the right time to tell you." Silas whispered against my skin as he slowly rocked us side to side, any other time I would have smiled, dropped whatever I was holding, and sway with him, but not this time, this time I was angry.

"No Silas. This affects me and my family. I can't just let it go, I'm not leaving my brothers, and that's that, so you better figure something out." I ground out between my teeth before ripping away from Silas and heading to the fridge. Silas sighed again behind me before grabbing his car keys and leaving. He better be figuring out a way to fix this, or so help me, I will end him.