Chapter 12: Lilian

After sleeping on and off I finally gave up and began pacing the room. If any luck it might help.

An hour later, nothing. Ever since I got here I have been unable to sleep unless It was that stuff that was given to me the second day at the hospital.

As I made my way down the hall I came to a stop outside Octavius's room. Well I was hoping it was his room. I was half tempted to knock but I decided against it. Heading down the stairs it was quiet until something in me kept telling me that it would be better in there. I shook the thought from my head and made my way to the couch. Even that didn't work.

After more minutes of being unable to sleep I finally forced myself up to Octavius's room. I stood out there unable to knock so instead I just placed my hand on the door and stood there. I never do this. I never think about doing this. But I want to sleep.

Gathering the courage, I brought my hand and knocked. After no answer I walked away and with that I was stopped.

'Why am I always stopped in this pack?' I asked myself.

''Lily?'' The deep voice said behind me. I turned and seen a shirtless god in his boxers standing in his door way.

''Uh hi...um I- well I couldn't ha this is stupid I'm just going to go'' Just when I turned around to finish walking away I stopped and turned to walk over to him.

''Sorry I- um I cantsleepandwaswonderingifIcancomein'' I spoke to fast my tongue almost tied in a knot or so it felt like. He looked down at me with a raised eyebrow and a smile creeping up slowly.

''What?''

''Can I come in? I've been trying but I can't sleep'' he didn't say anything instead he nodded and opened the door further and walked in behind me.

''Yeah sure come in'' He gestured in the door and followed after me

'' I- um well I'm got exactly giving my bed up. But I will keep my distance, and I have and extra blanket in the closet''

I looked from the bed to him. I wasn't exactly going to sleep on the floor. But I wasn't planning on sleeping beside him either. But I'm not turning back and I happen to be exhausted besides there is worse things than sharing a bed. Besides I'll have my own blanket.

Once comfortable his scent surrounded me and I was immediately relaxed. I felt the bed move then settle down. I wasn't paying much attention since this bed was so comfortable and his scent was everywhere. God his scent.

I woke up in an embrace. I was in Octavius's arms. How I didn't feel him was beyond me. He looked calmed while sleeping and less stresses than he was yesterday. His steady breaths his beard a bit longer, hair messy...

''It's rude to stare'' he spoke a bit gruffly

''I- I wasn't staring'' I said moving from his embrace which cause him to laugh a slight bit and left the room.

I didn't know what the plan was for today but I knew I wasn't staying in this house. I got dressed in a simple t-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans with a pair of boots that was left in my room. Whoever left them there I didn't know but it was good other than the one outfit I owned. I didn't notice but this was the second outfit I had seen that was not mine but happened to fit.

When I came down stairs there stood Octavius cooking all kinds of things. There was bacon, eggs, pancakes and sausage. Why so much food I did not know. As if knowing I was there and noticed my confused look he just smiled and said. ''Some of the pack are coming over. I figured you can speak with some of them since I can't have them stay away much longer it will help you get used to everyone''

'' Why would you have them stay away?'' Was it me?

''I thought you would react as you did with Dr. Marshal and his assistants well his nurses. If we're going to 'help you' as you said then you'll have to trust me and the pack'' I didn't say anything else instead I watched him finish cooking. I cook just my variety is scarce. That was when Daniel, Sage, Evelynn and Michael walked in followed by five other members. The room filled up quickly and the five that walked in froze once they saw me.

''Who's this?'' The tall blonde one asked

''Lilian" I answered. The looked from me to Octavius with a raised brow then back at me with a blank expression. His face twisted in confusion then in excitement and let out a laugh.

''FINALLY!" he spoke turning to the other four who wore the same expression. The blonde one came closer to me quickly with his arms out stretched in which I was assuming was a hug. I quickly stepped back into something well someone. Someone I only assumed was Octavius since he's the only one who is starting to care less about my personnel space. Not that I'm beginning to mind. All five men were back looking confused.

He rested his hands on my shoulders and squeezed them gently causing me to immediately relax.

''Lily is um... well she's adjusting still to other people. Lily this is Andrew'' He gestured to the blonde one who gave a smile in return.

''That is Nathan'' Nathan had almost black hair and green eyes.

'' Jason and James who will be accompanying Sage as she keeps you company whenever I am not around'' Jason and James both had brown hair one was lighter than the other and Jason had a darker skin tone than James did.

''Last but not least Kyle'' Kyle had red hair and hazel eyes.

They all waved at me with smiles that looked warm. I stayed with Octavius as he finished up the last of everything and helped him bring everything to the table. Which now sat nine were wolves who were laughing up a storm.

''So Lily. Sage and Daniel has told us some things, we're glad you'll be joining our pack'' Andrew said as I sat beside Octavius.

''Thank you'' I said as I began to make my plate as did the others.

''Yes as am I'' Octavius looked at me with a small glint in his eyes which caused me to smile.