Chapter 49

I pulled open a drawer to find pajamas. I ran my hand over the contents, a soft smile playing on my lips. That Meanie. I chuckled softly. I might have to rethink his nickname because what I saw in the drawer certainly was not a mean thing to do to me.

It was full of shirts and things from the boys.

Things that I'd borrowed before or they'd given me to wear. Nathan's shirt was here as was the blue button down shirt from Luke. One of Silas' Red Sox shirts was resting on top of one of North's black shirts. The gray cashmere sweater that Owen had given me when I moved back into my house after camp in January. A scrub top that Sean had given me after I visited him at the hospital months ago. Gabriel's tank top... Victor's white shirt.... Kota's pajama pants that he'd loaned me once upon a time. My hands dug in, delighting in the colors and fabrics as I searched through it before I found what I hoped was here. Owen had donated the button down shirt I'd slept in at his house the first night to the cause and I smiled, pulling it out and setting it on top of the dresser until I found a camisole and pair of underwear to sleep in underneath it.

I went in to the bathroom and braided my hair before washing my face and brushing my teeth. I dressed in my chosen night clothes and headed back out to my room. My amazing, beautiful pink room. I crawled into bed, propped up on pillows as I stretched out, realizing that this bed was very much like the king sized bed that Owen had in his own room. I smiled, fluffing up pillows and leaning back on them to see the faint glow of the stars on the ceiling as the icicle lights twinkled along the walls.

I could stay in this room forever.

Surely we could homeschool and I could just stay in bed from here on out. I could take over surveillance on any missions they went on and just monitor things from here.

My head jerked upright at a knock on the door. "Come in." I called out.

"Pookie..." Sean grinned at me.

"Such a treat. Are you sure you don't want to crawl in at 3 am?" I teased.

Owen chuckled as he followed Sean in. "Trust me when I say he isn't welcome to do that tonight."

I smiled. "Sound all right to me, either way." I said.

Sean went around to the other side of the bed and got in with me as Owen slipped into the bed as well. "Well isn't this just cozy. Good call, Owen. King sized is the way to go." He said, stretching out and fluffing the pillow that was there for his use."

I laughed softly. "So I have you to thank for making sure I will always have company if I choose to sleep in this bed." I looked at him. "I have to admit, it's really nice though. Lots of space."

Owen's lips quirked up in a slight smile. "Selfish reasons of course. I wanted to be comfortable if I joined you." He said. "I can only guarantee that usually at my place." He took his glasses off and set them on the table, laying his phone down as well, next to mine on the charging pad. He reached to turn off the light before glancing at me. "Oh... I forgot. Clap your hands, darling."

I frowned at him but did it. My eyes widened when the icicle lights turned off. "oh wow."

"And clap twice." Sean said, propping himself up on an elbow to look at me. I smiled and did it, which turned off all the other lights in the room. "So, clap once to control the icicles and twice to control the rest." He said before clapping once himself and turning the icicles back on.

"So if I have a long pause between claps it would turn those on and off and do nothing to the other lights." I mused. Owen nodded. "And if I clapped three times in a row?" He shrugged, so I did it. "Good to know. Nothing happens." I smiled before clapping once again to turn them off. "I like to see my stars." I said softly.