Chapter Eleven

"I can't believe you're meeting her family. You two are honestly so f-cking cute," Mia told me as she did my makeup. I was perfectly able to do my makeup myself, but she insisted since she felt me meeting Andy's family was such a big deal. To me, it really wasn't intimidating or some huge thing. I was just going to Andy's sister's birthday party and of course all of Andy's family and friends were going to be there. It's not like I was formally being introduced to her parents, even if I was I wouldn't be freaked out about that either.

I'm sure Andy's parents were good people. She talked about them as if they were and they seemed to have raised her pretty well, despite her gang affiliation. She had manners, she was sweet, passionate and so damn gorgeous. I didn't expect any less from her family. "It's just a birthday party. Chill. You can come too if you want. I doubt she'll care."

"I'm not going. This is about Andy and you. You're really going to see if you're truly into her once you meet her family! And she's going to see if she's into you from how you act with them! You guys are going to really be able to test if you guys could ever be in a relationship. I wouldn't want to be a third wheel." Mia finished the last of my mascara and stepped back to look at me. A huge smile spread across her face. I rolled my eyes playfully as I looked in the mirror, not bad.

Mia didn't apply much makeup, just enough for me to not look too informal. Andy pleaded that the party was going to be casual and nearly anything would be okay, but I still wanted to look good. Not only for her, but her family. If we ever did date, I had to make sure my first impression on her family was good. But honestly, I wasn't stressing about meeting them. I just wanted to look good. "How can you look so beautiful so easily, Delaney? It's just not fair!"

I stood up and straightened out my knee length, royal blue dress. It was like a Sunday dress. One I would wear when I ever so rarely visited my parents' church. Every time I walked in that church, I thought all the men were going to have a heart attack. Some stared at me too long and even had the nerve to grip at their pants. My father almost got in a fight with one once, but I guess God saved that guy's life before my dad could get him. "Chill, Mia. You know you were the one all the boys wanted in high school."

"Delaney, are you kidding me? One of my boyfriends only dated me to get close to you. Remember Logan?" I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

"He wasn't even cute, girl. He was an asshole. I don't know why you dated him. He wish he could get with me." Mia shook her head as she looked down at her phone. A small smile came on her lips before she bit her bottom lip to hide it. Instantly, I began grinning. "Oooo, someone has a new boy toy!"

"No, I don't," she protested defensively as she clasped her phone to her chest.

"Who is it, mija?"

"No one," Mia dragged out. I frowned and crossed my arms. "Don't give me that frown, you cute little b-tch."

Whimpering, I began walking out of the room. Mia quickly ran up and hugged me from behind. "Okay, I'll tell you, best friend!"

I laughed and turned around to face her eagerly. Mia was obviously beautiful and she had guys falling over her 24/7, but her ex-boyfriend treated her like shit. She hasn't really tried for anything serious in the last year so it was good to see her interested in someone. "Who is it," I urged.

Mia bit her lip, and looked down. "Carlos."

"Carlos Mendez?"

"I know you're going to get mad, Delaney but trust me. He's changed in the past year. He's a new man and-"

"Mia, are you f-cking stupid?! He used to beat you! He used to cheat on you! He tried to rape your little sister. Did you forget that or are you really that dumb?" It got dead quiet between the two of us. My phone was ringing on my dresser and I knew it was Andy but I couldn't be bothered to answer it at the moment. No way was I going to sit here and allow Mia to take Carlos back.