Chapter 51 || Year 7

Draco's POV-

He was alive. The Boy Who Lived who had finally been killed was in fact alive. He jumped out of Hagrid's arms, perfectly healthy, and not immortal. He was there, flesh and blood.

To say I was shocked was an understatement.

The look of menace crossed with fear that was etched onto the murderer's face was one that would make you squirm in your sleep. And it was definitely enough to make over half of the "loyal" Death Eaters to escape the battlefield before they were caught in what they knew would be the final battle.

"Come on, Draco," My mother ushered as she began to drag me along, my hand still tightly clamped with hers in fear.

But this time I wasn't going to let the Gryffindor fight by herself.

I shook my head, closing my eyes and taking a long, deep breath, only opening them when I could hear a distant scream.

"I'm going back to fight," I whispered, trying to take my hand out of hers but failing to do so due to the killer grip she had on me.

"You are going to do no such thing. Think rationally would you! The moment you step foot onto that battlefield, you will be the target for kill, by our side and theirs!"

"Narcissa-"

I jumped at the voice, not expecting him to be by our side, thinking that with the amount of cowardice he has in his system, he would have escaped by now.

"No! I'm not letting our son die out there!" She spoke in a shrill tone.

"Well I'm not going to let her die in the hands of someone like us!" I hissed, narrowing my eyes.

The silence that followed was filled with tension, and not once did the eye contact between my mother and I break.

"Cissy," My father started, "He loves the damn girl, just let him go,"

My mother was stunned into silence, her mouth not being able to force out any words except for strange syllables that couldn't be heard due to the whisper they came out in. My father on the other hand had a small yet pained expression, obviously sticking to his words but not fully accepting the consequence.

But instead of changing his mind, he turned to me, softening his eyes in the slightest way, making his ragged form look vulnerable.

"Go," He whispered, and I took that as my queue to leave, softly taking my hand out the the frozen one.

I looked at him with the most serious expression I have ever worn, feeling some of the emotion that I once felt toward the man before it turned to hatred come back.

"Thank you," I spoke, my voice slightly shaking.

He gave a nod, giving me his word that he genuinely means what he said. And then I was off, running through the raging battle, though not as dangerous and horrifying as the one that lined the night.

She was all I could think of as I ran through the crowd of attackers and defenders, narrowly missing jets of light as the curses flew past me at a great speed, earning a hex or curse in return to be shot at the producer. I ran into the demolished castle, destruction on every wall and covering the ground, creating an obstacle course at my feet, but I still ran around the rocks and pieces of brick in order to find the brunette.