36: Icy blue eyes, dreamy blue eyes.

Eric POV

It's been two weeks, two long agonizing and heartbreaking weeks since I broke up with Cheryl and I hadn't seen or talked to her at all. I hadn't gone to school since then and I couldn't remember the particular corner in which I had thrown my phone and I didn't think I had the strength to find it.

I have been holed up in my room being depressed and miserable, I could hardly sleep at night because the only thing I could think about was that I hurt her. I had left her without a proper explanation and I was practically dying inside, there were no word to describe the kind of pain I was feeling.

All I could think of was Cheryl. How was she? Is she fine? Does she go to school? How bad was she hurting? Is she even hurting at all?

I didn't want her to hurt at all, the thought of her going through what I'm going through made me sick to the stomach. I wanted to be there for her, I wanted her to be fine. She had gone through enough already and I didn't want to add to that and I hated my dad for making me do this to her.

I had talked to Nathan about all this already before I made up my mind to break up with her because either way I would still have done it, it's not like I had a choice here, my father threatened me.

He gave me two choices. First, I should break up with her and I could keep staying in this city. Secondly, I can keep dating her and then go on a 3 years business deal in Germany with no chance of saying goodbye.

He said I was the heir to his empire and I didn't need useless things like love, and when I asked him about mom he said those were the useless things he was talking about about and I practically lost my mind that moment. For the first time in the eighteen years of my life I stood up to my dad and I punched him, but guess what it didn't make me feel better in any way because I was hurting inside. I was hurting for Cheryl, for my mum, for my little sister who was still in rehab, and even for my business possessed dad. I was hurting for all of them and I couldn't do anything about it.

My dad remain unfazed by my lunch because he still had that cocky smirk playing on his lip as he rubbed his jaw. But he didn't stop there, he gave me till Monday to make up my mind or I was going to Germany anyway and that was when I made the decision to break up with her, the decision to depart from my happiness and joy but at least I'll still be close to her.

I'll be able to see her face and reminisce on all the memories we had together, the little times I made her smile even when we were always fighting, the little surprises I prepared for her and how she always acted unfazed and how it took her five seconds to be my girlfriend. At least I'll see her face and I'll know that she'll always be my sunshine.

My eyes drifted to the standing frame on my desk. That frame was the only thing standing in this room, every other thing was shattered and broken out of my frustration that had been dwelling in me. Maybe if I destroyed the picture, would I be okay?

I stared at the picture with Cheryl's bright smile totally hypnotizing me. I just wonder why she didn't recognize the picture in the boy as me, well I didn't recognize her either until I saw the same picture on her desk in her room.

I heard a knock on my door for the fifth time this evening, it was my stepmother begging me to come out and eat but I hadn't even moved an inch from this bed and I wasn't planning to but then the person kept knocking to the extent I even got frustrated.

"Go away!" I yelled throwing a pillow at the door.

"Eric" a soft voice called and it was nothing like my stepmother's voice, fuck it was so familiar that I jumped out of my bed still trying to avoid pieces of broken glass on the floor.