Chapter 12

Chapter 12

My body frozen at the unfamiliar feel of lips on my own, my mind was clouded with a million questions that seemed to mush into a blur of incoherent thoughts. On their own accord my arms wound around Wes's neck forgetting all previous logic and protests that seemed to have floated away the second his lips touched mine. Finding the rhythm his lips were moving at I felt my lips growing urgent and quicken the slow set pace. His lips curved beneath mine into a wide grin as his hand dropped from my arm to my hips, pressing my body against his in a rather improper way but I didn't care.

The taste of strawberries lingered on his lips, the sweet flavor tasting sweeter if possible mixed with his own special taste that in it's self was sweet. Raising one hand up into his dark hair I buried my hand into the soft mane enjoying the silkiness between my fingers, the temptation was too strong to ignore. Waves of heat washed over my body reaching down the tops of my toes, the heat pooled into my lower abdominal as the tingly feeling I knew was arousal pumped in my veins. It was much more intense than when I was pressed against Wes in my towel, it was like a jolt of pure electricity pumping through my body just as naturally as my own blood would. The feeling had me arching closer and grinning internally when Wes's fingers dug into my hip bone as a throaty moan passed his soft lips.

Joy bursted through me at hearing his satisfaction, to be sure he was enjoying this as I was when the sound of a throat being cleared had him pulling away to my disappointment.

Blinking the haze of lust away I lifted my eyes to be met with Wes's, except they weren't their normal gray pools of temptation, instead they seemed to have taken a dark blue shade that resembled the ocean at midnight, dark, mysterious and the promising of a beautiful night ahead. I shivered at the raw emotion staring back at me that reflected the raw passion sizzling inside of me, wanting to burst to the surface and explore the new feelings further. Again a throat was cleared breaking the intense stare occurring between us, irritated by the interruption I turned in the direction of the throat clearer as our surrounding faded back into my mind, bringing a blush to my cheeks with it.

"I don't appreciate the scene Khloe especially after what we discussed." my mother's cold voice penetrated the lustful thoughts swerving in my mind

Dropping my arms from Wes's neck I felt the last traces of arousal simmering down before completely vanishing as my eyes roamed around the faces that turned in our direction, the buzzing of whispers seemed too loud in my ears as I fixed my gaze on my mother's scowling face. Opening my mouth to speak I found myself incapable of uttering a word as her eyes narrowed on my flushed face.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Sparks it was my fault, I couldn't help it." Wes excused his voice sounding hoarse

"It's Ms." my mother corrected her voice as welcoming as a venomous snake "If your public display is over I'm sure you two will be on your way."

Wed blinked shockingly at my mother, wondering how a few minutes ago she was sweet and all smiles, now she scolded in my direction, her voice reflecting the anger she carried within her. The surprise never wavered from his face and for a second I wanted to point at my mother and announce to the room of people that this was the woman I knew growing up. Refraining myself from doing just that I grabbed Wes's arm and jerked him backwards as if my mom was going to attack him.

"I understood the first time." I spoke in an icy voice that oozed the rage I felt at being kicked out for such a ridiculous reason

Without so much as a second glance I strolled out of the room with my head held high and any emotions from earlier completely wiped clean, in it's place was a cold mask that didn't betray the sorrow I felt inside. Wes followed behind me muttering a dry goodbye to my mother while I didn't bother glancing in her direction. With an expression that could freeze anyones blood I continued down the long hallway glaring daggers at anyone that happened to walk by as I made my way the the front of the house. Snatching my bag from the woman who sat in the front I pretended not to hear her muttering a curse at my rude manner but I couldn't have cared less. Fishing my keys out I jumped into my car as did Wes, who to my pleasure didn't argue about me driving like when we arrived. Instead he buckled his seatbelt silently as I pulled out of the driveway of my childhood home, all too happy about leaving once more.