Chapter 10: "Confess"

"Excuse me?" I hope I didn't hear that right.

"There are fully equipped bedrooms and bathrooms in the penthouse suite. It's fully cleaned out and with the recent renovations, there shouldn't be any problem with it. The couple who had recently stayed has just left!" The receptionist cleared it to us.

Sharing a suite with him? In a hotel in Barbados, when we definitely can't keep our hands off each other, is a bad idea. A really bad idea.

"Can you check it there are rooms available or not? I am willing to pay double the price." Asher desperately interjected, pulling out his credit card.

"I am sorry sir, that is not possible. We have a strict policy against that."

"We'll take it," I agreed abruptly. I followed the hotel staff to our room, leaving a livid Asher behind. I wasn't exactly keen on the idea of Asher spending extra money just to get separate rooms. We could be mature and could share a goddamn suite.

The space was huge. With three bedrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, and recreational room, I was totally awed by the beauty of it. The bedrooms had a sea view from the big balcony which where alongside each other. I could easily travel to the other room through the balcony door.

The sound of heavy footsteps got my attention and I went outside to see Asher staring at me with his piercing eyes. He looked livid, his jaw clenched. He was seething, and I was afraid. Was he that pissed at me for agreeing to share a room?

"I guess I will be leaving you to it miss. Enjoy your stay!" I simply nodded in reply, still not breaking eye contact with Asher.

The bellhop began to leave, when all of the sudden, he was stopped by Asher.

"Wait!" Asher rasped.

He stopped in his tracks. Asher took out a 100 dollar note out of his wallet and handed to him.

"Don't you fucking dare come in this room when I am not here," he barked, tossing the money at him.

He looked petrified, he picked up the money and dashed off the room. I was clueless about what just happened. Why was he pissed about the hotel staff being in this room? He wasn't exactly alone, he was with me. Then it clicked into my head, I looked up to see Asher still enraged.

"You had a problem with him being alone in this suite with me?" I asked tentatively.

He looked away, his silence answered my question. "What is wrong with you? He was just showing me around." I folded my arms across my chest.

"Fuck Armelle! Stop assuming things! I didn't yell at him for being alone with you, I did it because I didn't like the way he was looking at you. He was blatantly checking you out in front of me!" he barked, "You should be lucky I didn't gouge his eyes out"

And with that, he stomped out of the room closing the door behind him, leaving me utterly speechless.

. . .

"I wish I could go to Barbados. I bet you already got tanned." Sydney chirped over the phone.

"I didn't even leave the room yet, Syd! But I have to admit, the gorgeous view is calling my name." I smiled, holding the receiver under my chin while I unpacked the last of my luggage.

"Then what are you waiting for?"

"Not today... I am feeling really lazy. And really, I've been sulking all day."" I was very comfortable in my bed, clad in pajamas and eating peppery Mexican food that I ordered from the room service. The food was heavenly, I ended up ordering another meal, and they kindly sent me some enchiladas and shrimp tacos. I shamelessly devoured it all, and in the process I stained my top with sauce, but I still didn't bother to change. Leisurely, I wiped it away with a tissue.

"Why? What happened?"

I told everything to my best friend starting from the awkward encounters after the one night stand to his little outbursts of jealousy.

"And you decided to tell me all these right now Mel?" Sydney sounded hurt. "And to think best friends were supposed to tell each other everything right away."

I sighed, "I am sorry Syd, I just needed time. And I'm not exactly proud of sleeping with my boss."

"But he's totally into you! And he's sexy as hell."

I laughed, only Sydney knew how to lighten up my mood. I was glad I finally told her everything. It felt like a heavy burden was lifted off my chest.

"I didn't ask this before but..." She drawled, "Was he good?"

"The best I've ever had," I answered her question candidly.

"Damn, you are still totally smitten by him!"

"Am not. He's practically my uncle."

"A really hot one. Besides Mel, he isn't your biological uncle. He just happens to be your dad's friend." She quipped.

"Well, at the end of the day, my dad is still coming after him with his AK-22 if he knowS about this. And did you forget the age difference between us?"

Before I could listen to Syd's reply I was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Syd I have to call you later; Asher is at the door."

"Good luck with Mr. Sex-On-Legs!" I rolled my eyes hanging up.

Opening the door, I find Asher standing looking apologetic. "Did you have your dinner?"

I nodded in reply, stepping aside letting him in. Wearily, he stumbled in, he didn't seem well. Looks like he had quite a few drinks.

Taking a seat on my bed, he began, "I'm sorry for walking out like that. I hope you were okay. How was the spa? I told the hotel to book a day at the sauna for you since you must've been tired."

That's why the hotel desk called me in the evening to ask me about an appointment.

"I turned them down. I was comfortable inside." This was true given the Wifi was ten times faster and the evening sunset was a breathtaking view that I could enjoy from my balcony. I definitely couldn't miss that.

"I see." He said. There was this long awkward pause where I pretended to pick at my nails while Asher stared at me.

He finally decided to break the silence. "I'm sorry Armelle. I seem to be screwing things up big time. The spa thing was my way of giving an apology, but understandably, you're still mad."

"No I'm not mad. Can we not talk about this anymore? I need to show you some of the slides for the presentation tomorrow," I stated, trying to ignore the topic.

He nodded and I grasped my laptop from the desk and turned it on to show the slides.

"What model is this? This laptop seems to be old." He said, giving it a good look.

"Yeah, it just takes some time but it still works fine. This baby has been with me since the first day of high school," I countered.

He just blearily nodded, not exactly agreeing with me. We ended up working on the slides for a long time.

"I guess we are almost done. Catch some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow".

"You too Asher. I will see you tomorrow".

After he left, I decided to take a shower before hitting the hay. The bathroom was humongous; I could fit four of my bedrooms in it. Everything inch of surface was covered in marble, it had a bathtub which was big enough to easily fit five people. It was remote operated so I clicked some buttons just to get the right temperature of water. I sank myself into the lukewarm water, my muscles finally relaxing. Screw spas, I could stay in this forever.

One prolonged bath later, I wrapped myself in a towel, realizing that I forgot to bring my clothes with me. Peeking outside, I observed if the coast was clear or not, and I quickly started to head for my room. But of course I had to bump into something.

And that something turned out to be my boss.

...

Edited by unlady