Chapter Twenty.

Too soon, the night has come.

I rolled over in my way too big to be in alone bed, and I stared over at his side wishing that he was here with me. I could use a little boost of Calvin for some added confidence before going into this, but I know he has been busy all day making the arrangements to take down the rebels.

After my less than exciting talk with Lexton yesterday, I was even more apprehensive about the competition starting. I worried that she would out us, and let the news of Rose go to everyone and refuse to participate in the whole charade. I feared being stuck here forever or being killed by the council and Rose being forced to grow up here, but I was glad a note had arrived from Calvin just before I went to sleep telling me that he had spoken to her and that she had agreed not to blow our secret, but that she wants to be a part of anything else that will involve her from here on out.

The knock on the door meant that my peaceful moment was over.

"Hello." Patrick said, sticking his head in the door.

"Come on in." I called, sitting up in the bed and stretching my arms over my head.

Patrick nodded to me and brought my tray of food over to me in the bed and placed it on my legs. I smelled the sharp cheddar cheese on the omelet before I had even uncovered it. "This looks fantastic, Patrick." I praised him.

He lingered by the bed and looked a little uncomfortable. "Have you had a chance to..."

"Oh, Patrick." I sighed. "I totally forgot, but I am supposed to see Calvin later tonight and I promise I will see what I can do about getting you a call to Pedro." I promised. "Plus, there is good news."

He raised his brows. "Oh, really?" He asked happily.

I grinned over at him. "Calvin thinks he's found the rebels in Britain and they're going to be moving in on them within the next couple of days, so if they are successful, it would be safe to talk to talk to Rose and Pedro any time we wanted to." I explained.

"That's fantastic news." He sighed with a smile, bringing his hand up to his chest. "Where did they find them? Are they sure it's the right people?"

I shrugged. "I didn't get a whole lot of the details, but he said that they were pretty certain." I told him. "They'd gotten a lot of tips that make them believe it's the right guys."

"I pray it is."

I jumped a little when the door swung open and Octavia came sauntering in, a crew of other girls coming in with her. "Good evening!" She cheered.

I laughed at her enthusiasm as she hung up my dress bag and directed the other girls on where to place my things that they'd need to get me ready. "You're way too happy for this." I pointed out and she shrugged, continuing to grin.

"Hello, Patrick." She smiled to him.

He returned the gesture and nodded once to me before walking over to her. "How are you, Octavia?" He asked her. "I haven't been able to see you much lately."

She made a pouty face, sticking her bottom lip out. "I know." She sighed. "We will need to schedule a wine night soon." She told him.

"That sounds great." He told her, then brought his hand up to his chin. "Octavia, remind me where your family is from? I want to order some more of those wonderful spices you brought me last year."

"Oh, I'm so glad you still think of those." She grinned. "It's a tiny island off of the coast of Mexico." She said. "I'll come by later and I can give you my Papa's information."