Chapter 6: Stuck

Chapter 6
Stuck

I don't know what I will feel since we're stuck here in this room. Everyone knows that the rooms in the second floor of this building are off limit yet I still went, and Dale still went. Jiggling the doorknob, Dale is shouting, his voice echoing inside the room loudly, trying to call for a help. This building is in the north side, which means that the windows of the classroom are facing the back of the school itself. The gym is located on the west side, and the freshmen and sophomore classes are located on the north-west, and the junior and senior classes are located in the south east side. There's one building that connects the building, each hallway leading to different hallway; the Freshman Hallway, the Sophomore Hallway, the Junior Hallway, and the Senior Hallway.

The room is big enough for us, but it feels like I'm being suffocated. Being in one room with Dale seems worse, and I know that I have to get out of here as soon as possible. The students must have gone out already, but there could be anyone, at least just a person, that is still inside the building.

Dale keeps yelling, shouting for any help, but help doesn't come. In fact a huge part of me has lost hope. It's a good thing that today's Friday, which means there's no class tomorrow. What's worse is that we'll have to wait for tomorrow to come. Janitors or the facility staffs are usually roaming around the building to clean the place up.

"This sucks," he says and I nearly roll my eyes at him but fight the urge to do so. Now is not the time to put all the blame on him. It's out of his control, but if he hasn't run here in the first place, this wouldn't have happened at all. Yep, still not his fault.

Slumping my back on the door, taking a seat on the ground, I heave up a sigh and feel frustrated. I'm stuck in a room with the person I'm infatuated with and I can't help but be annoyed by that fact. I'm trying to get out of his zone as far as possible, but it seems like time keeps messing us up and keeps putting us together.

I don't want to be tortured by this.

Finding a way to distract myself because I don't want my eyes meeting his, I fish my phone out of my pocket and unlock the screen, deciding to text Dustin. A bulb flashes just above my head, and I grin to myself. I text him: Stuck inside a room. Need help. Building B, second floor, last room at the second hallway. Please helpppppppp.

"Yes, we're saved!" I say, jumping up in delight. Dale looks at me, his brows furrowed and I show him my phone, jiggling it so he would realize what I just did. "Dustin will get here and help us, Rob."

His brows even furrowed more, if that's even possible, as he looks at me. His head tilts to the side, his arms crossing across his chest, and his face is not showing any emotions. In fact, when I look at him, he looks like a mannequin. "I'm not Dale to you?"

Confusion swims inside his eyes, and I'm sure in my eyes, too. I open my mouth only to shut it close again. I'm not sure how to answer him, and the words are stuck in my throat, never escaping my lips. I admit, I wasn't ready for the question, but it has me thinking, why did I call him Rob when usually I name him as Dale? I only call him that when I'm mad at him. I'm not mad at him. Annoyed, yes, but not mad.

"Are you angry at me?" he asks me, his eyes hard and jaw clenched as he looks at me. The sudden change of his mood has me thinking again, what did I do wrong now? I purse my lips, not really wanting to answer him. All I want to do is run away from here, from him. Cursing under my breath, I take a seat on the ground again, facing the door this time as I don't want to look at him anymore and see his angry face. I can feel his gaze burning the back of my head, and it makes my heart race. A part of wishes to comfort him, to go by his side and tell him that I'm not angry at him, but a huge part of me is protesting not to do so. "Beau." His tone has become different. My name rolls off his tongue like a sweet cotton ball, and my body freezes.