chapter 46

Italics mean flashback

Percy pov

I let the rain soak me as I walk back to the tower.

That was a very messy breakup. Even though I was breaking up with him, his last words to me hurt: "Fine! I didn't even like you all that much!"

While I knew he was lying, it still stung a bit. I continue to walk and think.

"Don't think about sitting with us anymore at lunch!" He shouted at me.

"I wasn't planing on it!" I shouted back

I shouldn't have yelled back at him. I was the one who was wrong.

"I missed you. Where have you been?"

"Look, Wade. Can we talk?" I glanced at his friends standing by. "In private?"

"Yeah."

We went from taking to shouting so quickly.

"I'm breaking up with you?"

"Why?!" He asked "What did I do?"

"You didn't do anything. I just... I-"

"Is there someone else?!"

"Kind of." I confirmed.

Things didn't stay calm for that long.
"Kind of? KIND OF?!" He started yelling. "HOW CAN THERE 'KIND OF' BE ANOTHER GUY?!"

"FINE! I LIKE ANOTHER GUY! HAPPY NOW!?" I shouted back.

"YOU ARE A WHORE, PERCY JACKSON!"

"SAYS THEY GUY WHO IS SUDDENLY HANGING OUT WITH HIS EX!"

The accusations hurt too.

"I WAS SUPPORTING A FRIEND. THE FRIEND, WHO I'VE KNOWN SINCE GRADE SCHOOL, JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE BEEN MY GIRLFRIEND ONCE"

"DID SHE NEED SUPPORT WHEN I CALLED YOU FOR HELP AFTER I WAS ATTACKED BY SOMETHING NO ONE ELSE COULD SEE?" I was pissed

"What are you talking about?" His voice softened.

"Oh you didn't know?" I ask, with mock shock. "I called you the day I went 'Missing' and Ashleigh answered your phone. She said that you would be busy with her. The way she sounded made it seem like you were doing more than talking."

"SO FIRST, YOU DUMP ME AND NOW YOU ACCUSE ME OF CHEATING!" He went back go yelling. "YOU'RE UNBELIEVABLE."

"I'm just asking now. Did you cheat on me?"

"Would it even matter? Would you stay with me if I say I didn't?" He asked.

"No. It wouldn't change anything, but I'd like to know the truth before I leave." I said, calmly.

"I'll tell you if you tell me who the other guy is." He says.

"I-"

I couldn't get my voice to work at that point. I don't know why I couldn't speak.

"WHO?!" He was only getting angrier.

"NO!" I shouted back. "I AM DONE WITH THIS. GOODBYE WADE."

"DON'T WALK AWAY FROM ME! I'M NOT DONE TALKING TO YOU!" He shouted at me as I turned away.

"I'm done listening."

"I WAS ONLY INTO YOU BECAUSE OF HOW HOT YOU ARE! YOU WERE TOO ANNOYING ANYWAY!" He was really hurt. "FINE, I DIDN'T EVEN LIKE YOU ALL THAT MUCH."