Chapter 7: Late Night Encounters

*Warning: Gorey Scene in this chapter.*

Henley woke up early the next morning, her conversation with Sam the night before on replay, like a broken recorder. She still couldn't believe that Sam knew, and was willing to let her tell Dean on her own accords. Henley rushed through her morning routine, deciding on her light blue boot cut jeans, and white halter top that said "Not all those who wander are lost" in cursive. She slid on her high heel brown boots. Thankfully they were tall enough so that her pants didn't touch the ground. She threw her hair up in a messy bun, and scuttled over to Sam and Dean's room. She stopped short, and composed herself before rapping lightly on their door. She smiled when Sam came into view, letting her into the room. She sat down on the green tattered chair in the corner, and looked up at Sam as he sat down in the wheely-chair near the desk. He gave her a warm smile, leaning over and resting his elbows on his knees, clasping his hands together. Henley mimicked him, raising an eyebrow in his direction. He let out a breathy laugh, getting back up and taking a sip from one of the two Styrofoam coffee cups.

"Do you want one? I can go down to the lobby and grab-"

"No thanks, I'm good." Sam set down his cup of coffee, and sat on the bed closest to Henley. She stopped plucking the frayed pieces of fabric off the chair, and looked up as his shadow cast over her. She gave him a questioning look as he opened his mouth multiple times, attempting to say something but never making any progress. Henley rolled her eyes, "Just spit it out already." Sam seemed a little taken back by her bluntness but nonetheless began speaking.

"Listen Henley, I mulled over what we discussed last night, and I really don't think it's a good idea to keep this from Dean any longer-"

"What do you mean any longer? You said I could tell him after the hunt, and I will. I promise. You can't just go back on our promise, that's not how it works."

"Henley, if something were to happen to you and Dean didn't find out till after the hunt, it would destroy him." Sam straightened up, his facial expression gravely serious.

"Nothing bad is going to happen. At least nothing extremely bad. I might get some cuts and bruises, but I've survived a lot worse." She stood up, walking over to the dresser, leaning on it. Sam opened his mouth to respond when the door to the room swung open, ricocheting off the wall.

"Hey Sam I think I found a new lead..." Dean trailed off as his eyes landed on Henley. "Oh, hey kid."

Henley rolled her eyes. God she hated when he called her that. Dean tossed a manila folder onto the bed, and Sam picked it up, filing through the contents. Henley plopped down on the bed next to Sam reading the contents in the file over his shoulder. She furrowed her brow as she realized she was reading a file on the chairman from Pen publishing they all met a few days ago. God, she really hoped they wouldn't have to talk to him again.

"Dean, why do you have a file on Drew from Pen Publishing ?" Henley asked. She looked up to find him smirking, as he cocked his head to the side.

"Well, let's just say I found out who our next victim is. I paid a little visit to Pen Publishing early this morning before they opened, and-"

"Wait, you were up at before they opened? Well I'm impressed you actually took the initiative to get up early and retrieve Intel," Sam interjected, a coy smile spread across his lips. Dean scoffed, before continuing.

"As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I paid a visit to Pen Publishing this morning, and had a little chat with Drew. There was something sketchy about that guy the first time we interviewed him. I just couldn't shake the feeling he was hiding something. So, we talked, and he eventually revealed to me that he and his wife were in the process of getting divorced, but he didn't tell me the reason. Then I went down to the local police station to see the file for divorce. I persuaded the lovely red head receptionist to get me the file, along with her number." Dean licked his lips, waving a small slip of paper with seven digits scribbled across it. Henley shook her head, looking back at the file.