Chapter 31 - Eleven AM And Not The Damn PM

Is the title weird? If yes, then, well, say hi.

Augustus Waters drove horrifically. Whether stopping or starting, everything happened with a tremendous JOLT. I flew against the seat belt of his Toyota SUV each time he braked, and my neck snapped backward each time he hit the gas. I might have been nervous—what with sitting in the car of a strange boy on the way to his house, keenly aware that my crap lungs complicate efforts -

Just then, I heard my phone ring which startled me so much, that I dropped my book, The Fault In Our Stars, without inserting the cute Micky mouse bookmark I had made, on the page I was reading on.

Sighing, I picked up my book first and then the phone cause' reading is life.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone as I stared at my cupboard in front of me.

"Uh, Jess?"

I gasped.

I'd recognise that voice any day. I'm sure that it's him. Who else would own such a sexy voice?

"E-Elliot?" I stuttered. Yay, he called me after a month.

Man, I hate stuttering. Nothing good has ever come out of it.

"Uh, yeah. Didn't check the caller name, did you?" I heard him smirk at this.

See? Told you.

"Uh, yeah, sorta didn't." I muttered, not sure how to reply to that.

"Anyways, I was wondering about us, and well, I want to meet you somewhere." He spoke.

He probably wants to end all this. Not like it's not over already, he just wants to do this officially.

Obviously that's the case.

But hey, I deserve this. I should've told him about it before or at least called him after he stormed off and cleared stuff out. It's all my fault.

"Uh, okay. Where?"

Yes, I know I agreed too easily, but the thing is, I, myself, want to end this quickly. As much as I like Elliot, I don't think now's a really good time for all this.

"Woah. That was quick. Anyways, how about your place?" He replied.

"Sounds alright. Tomorrow at eleven?" I suggested, wanting to get over with this conversation quickly.

"That's too late, no?"

"Oh no, I meant eleven AM."

"Oh okay. See you tomorrow."

With that, he cut the line. I sighed, from relief or my unhappiness, I'm not sure.

As I was about to go back to my book, my phone beeped, showing that I've got a message.

I hate when people interrupt me while reading. It's like everyone wants to talk to me at the same damn moment.

The message's from Asher.

You might be thinking, why is he messaging me after a month? The thing is, he's not.