Chapter 11: Princess Yeon Hwa

The moment Prince Wang Yo left the room, I heard him shouting to the people outside to get lost. A court lady and two servants came running in hastily and they gasped as they saw me sprawling on the floor.

“Princess Hara!” The court lady came over to help me up. “What happened to you?”

Suddenly, they all turn away, blushing. “O-oh…y-your neck…pardon me my Princess.”

“My neck?” At the thought of Prince Wang Yo biting into my neck makes me run over to the dressing table. I violently grab on to the copper mirror by the dressing table and reflected it on to my neck. There was a deep red mark and I gasped.

“Oh my god…He really did it…”

“Princess…” The court lady called.

“H-he…” My head was dizzy and I was embarrassed. Jong Hyun marked me! N-No…it’s the evil 3rd Prince!

“Oh my princess! Let’s get you changed in to your night clothes.” The court lady was smiling shyly as she gestured for the servants to serve me.

They left me alone on the bed after helping me get changed and I rest for the night.

//

An arrow quickly shoots over in to an old beggar’s head and blood started to ooze out. The body of the man slowly fell backwards as the tip of the arrow that has poked through his brain touches the soil ground. An old woman screamed in fear but an arrow shoots her in the head as well and her scream dried out immediately.

//

I awoke from the dream and my eyes darted all around the room.

W-where am I? Why is the chair tilted?

To my surprise, I have fallen from the bed and I slowly lifted myself up from the floor. My right arm hurts as I had probably crashed on to it. I look around at the wedding room and I 

I cringed as I recall how he strangled me and forces to kiss me while I was weak.

That’s right…yesterday I became the 3rd Prince’s first wife…Ugh, disgusting!

“I need to go…” I walk unsteadily towards the doors and open them.

“Oh Princess Hara, I was about to visit you.” A young girl stood outside and looked at me in shock. She was very pretty, with her black silky hair neatly combed down to her waist. Her skin was fair as snow and her big eyes shines as she stares into mine.

“W-who are you?” I stared at her in confusion.

She chuckles by covering her mouth and she said, “Good morning, I am Princess Yeon Hwa, daughter of the second Queen, Queen Hwangbo.”

“Queen Hwangbo?” There’s another Queen?! I know the King tends to have many wives but hearing it for real is really something.

“Yes Princess Hara. My mother has wanted to buy you a gift to congratulate for your wedding and so I am to accompany you out of town today to buy some gifts.” She explained softly.

“T-town?” Cool…I wonder how the ancient market looks like!

Just at the thought, I smiled brightly to myself.

“But first, you may need to get washed and dressed up.”

And so, I got dressed into an extravagant hanbok with my hair tied up with the ancient head dress.  This thing really is heavy! I’d probably have a short neck soon!

When we were ready and arrived by the palace doors, there were a dozens of guards standing by. What attracted my attention were two golden palanquins resting on the ground, ready for use.

"Wow..." I gasped aloud unconsciously at the sight of it. "Am I really going to sit in side the palaquin?"

Princess Yeon Hwa laughs at my response and gestured for the servants to help me in. 

I bend down to get inside and the cushions underneath was comfortable. I was amazed by the feeling of being inside though there wasn't much to see.  The servant flips down gently the door of the palaquin. This is amazing! I really feel like a princess!

I yelled when the servants rises the palanquin.

"Are you alright Princess Hara?" Princess Yeon Hwa asked from her palanquin and I nodded nervously.

The palanquin started swaying left and right as the servants carries me out to town. I was slowly getting motion sickness and my legs were tired as there was not much room for me to stretch. It was really stuffy inside and I started to sweat.

Just then, the palanquin was being lowered and I held onto the sides as a light bump indicates that it has touched the ground.

A few seconds passed and a servant opens up for me to get out. I stumbled recklessly as my legs turned jelly. I breathed in a gulp of fresh air and was relieved I was finally out of the stuffy place.

"You will slowly get used to it Princess Hara." Princess Yeonhwa was already out and she assured me kindly.

The sound of the lively town brought me back to my senses and I was fascinated by the scene.

This is awesome! So the ancient town looks like this! 

Different stalls were set up by the pathway. They were selling fruits, buns, noodles,  wooden toys and hair accessories.

"Hey two pretty ladies! Check out our new items!" An old grandma waved for both me and Princess Yeonhwa to go over to her stall.

"Let's go and see if there's anything you like." Princess Yeonhwa smiles as she brings me over.

"Wow...!" My eyes darted across the sets of accessories.

"This golden hairpin is our newest stock! It came all the way from China! The dragonfly pin looks amazing on your hair!" The grandma was happily introducing and I took the pin and places it on my hair."

"Does it look good on me?" I smiled brightly and Princess Yeonhwa nods to agree.

"Please help me to wrap it up." Princess Yeonhwa said to the grandma.

Suddenly,  there were several murmurings from the villagers.

"Isn't that Princess Hara?"

"Don't you know? She was elevated to be the 3rd Prince's first wife yesterday."

"But what about Lady Yumi? They didn't give her a funeral."

I was feeling troubled at the mention of her name and I felt uncomfortable. Princess YeonHwa seemed to realise my emotions and she glared deathly at the men.

"How dare you say such things about Princess Hara! Guards! Bring them to the dungeon!"

The men quickly kneeled down in fear as they begged for forgiveness. I was definitely shocked by Princess Yeonhwa's commands as she seemed so gentle before.

"Please forgive us Princess YeonHwa!!"

"You shall be given 50 strokes for insulting the princess!"

5-50?!

"Princess Yeonhwa, please! Let them go!" I desperately plead as I held on to her arm tightly.

She looks at me briefly and turned towards the poor men.  "You are lucky Princess Hara have a big heart. Apologise to her now!"

The men immediately scurried towards me and kneeled down flatly on the rough ground. "Thank you for your graciousness Princess Hara! We will not insult you again!"

They repeat for several times and I was flabbergasted by what to do. Do they really have to go to such an extent?