Chapter 24 - Life Sentence.

Lennon.

 "Who the fuck are you?"

Slap. He was quick off his mark I didn't even have time to blink let alone flinch. I jerked back in my seat, hitting my head against the blacked out window beside me. I couldn't fathom which one hurt more.

"You speak to me with respect." He sneered. "Understood?"

The man in question put his face disturbingly close to mine, I could feel his spit leaving his mouth and hitting mine. I made no effort to hide myself wiping it away. I scowled at him and edged as close to the door as possible. He was still waiting for an answer however, his hand rose again, causing my eyes to widen. In all honesty his slap was pretty tame, for a gang member I expected a lot more. I didn't doubt the fact Harry or even anyone from The South could knock me clean out with one slap. 

"Alright." I replied half-heartedly.

"Good." He smirked and faced the front of the car again. His grin irked me to no end.

"Who are you? Where are we going? And what the bloody hell do you want with me?"

"Do you want another slap?"

"I deserve answers after what you did."

"You deserve nothing when you speak like that!" He clearly had a short temper as his voice began to rise in decibels. The driver didn't wince at all, the strange mans behavior he was probably accustom to.

"Speak like what?" I laughed sarcastically. "Like a human?" 

I should have probably been trembling in my seat after being kidnapped by a whole new gang and taken somewhere I didn't know. But Harry promised, his words circled through my head.  I wasn't going to try and play the hero, I still wanted answers but I wasn't going to go about it in a stupid way.  

“We’re leaving London, that’s all you need to know for now.” He grinned to himself once again before retrieving his phone from his pocket and slamming his fingers heavily onto the screen, typing away. I couldn’t see what he was doing from where I was sitting unfortunately. I sighed, giving up for the moment and rested into the seat.

I was tired after not having slept properly for a whole week but I refused to sleep in the car, I needed to know where we were going. I kept myself occupied by reading road signs. We travelled along a motorway pretty much the whole way so I couldn’t jump out of the car in a James Bond style, we were going way above the speed limit, survival would be more than a miracle. I also tapped my fingers in a rhythmic motion to keep the blood flowing and the brain alert. It wasn’t fun and my hands did begin to ache, but it was warm in the car and my eyelids were feeling ridiculously heavy. 

I was slightly content that the journey was only an hour and a half. This meant we weren’t too far away from London. We were still in England and I was still in reach of being rescued. I was no fair maiden, but I couldn’t take down a whole gang by myself or at all. 

I had never been to Dover, it wasn’t exactly a convenient place to get to and I had no interest in it at all. It was mainly a shipping town, the docks was the main business in the area. The signs all the way from the Capital read Dover over and over again, I was actually surprised we were heading towards another big town, I assumed I’d be hidden in some dense forest in the middle of nowhere up north or something. Dover wasn’t part of London but we were still in the East side of the country, but I didn’t know whether the gang boundaries still applied here. Or did Dover have their own mafia crews? 

I watched apprehensively as the car swerved down several narrow streets and veered onto an old English style pathway. We slowly dawdled down the cobble road until we approached the very last house on the end. It was further back than the rest of the houses on the road and it looked somewhat isolated. The car jerked as we crossed a bridge over a small stream running in front of the house. I looked up in awe at the building, in any other situation I would have found it truly beautiful.