Chapter 7: Crowded

Chapter 7
Crowded

Being stuck in a room with Robert Dale Waites is not something that I'm not wishing for, but do you know that feeling where you need to stop because you have to stop? That's what I felt. At the back of my head, I had this thought that finally, a time alone with the man of my dreams, but there's this part of me that said: fuck off, you need to get a hold of yourself and stop being delusional.

What do you call it when you have feelings for someone and that someone reciprocates the feelings back?

Imagination.

Of course it is imagination. What word would best describe it?

Fortunately for me, I didn't have to torture myself for hours when Dustin saved me from being stuck in a room with the person I have feelings for. As much as I would love to be stuck in a room with him and do things that anyone would beg to watch, it's not healthy for me.

Dale is like a very dangerous poison specifically made for me, making him my one and only bane, yet he's the only one who can give a cure to it. Maybe in a different world, in an alternative universe perhaps, he could be liking me already.

With nothing much to do but to wait for two hours before the party starts, I slump back at the corner of my room, arms around my knees while deep in thought. Dale has been in my mind for quite some time now, and I need to do something about it. He can't just keep invading my thoughts like it's his house. I want to live freely, too. It's like he's keeping me as a prisoner, and I can't do anything but to comply.

Sometimes I wish I had not enrolled into Sky International School. That would be the root cause of evil. If I had not enrolled at that school, I wouldn't have met Gloss, which would result to me not meeting Robert Dale Waites. I wouldn't have seen how beautiful his eyes are, or how almost perfect he is to me, or how cute his lips curve when he smiles.

There's a honk outside, and my neighbor just across from my house is constantly shouting about the kids ruining her garden. That's her weekly routine. The old lady living just across from my home is snarky and mean. She's living with her daughter and her daughter's husband, and I feel bad for them. Though I haven't personally met her, with one glance, I already know what attitude she has, and that's an unusual attitude for old ladies. Still, I mute the car's constant honks and the old lady's voice from entering in my ears just so I could focus myself into thinking that Dale is really bad for my health. He's bad for my health, and he will never be good for me. I strongly believe that there's someone out there, a girl that he will desire most, who's waiting for his arrival.

The violet hue is spreading across the sky, revealing the twinkling bright stars that I watch at almost every night whenever I feel dejected and low. Standing up and pulling the curtains to close the visibility of my room from the outside, I decide to go downstairs into the kitchen to feed myself. I'm going at a party, and it means that drinks and booze will be served there more rather than foods. My father's feet are rested on the coffee table while his arm is laid out on the outside back of the couch, while watching news about the murder of three persons at a convenience store.

Shaking my head at the news, I head into the kitchen and search for anything to eat inside the fridge. I found a couple of slices pizza, which I think Melody has left. Girls her age, they are vegetarians and she loves pizza. She's a pizza-hogger. I think I've mentioned that already. Grabbing a few slices of the Hawaiian pizza and putting them on a plate, I put them on a microwave and set a timer for a minute. Waiting impatiently, I tap my foot on the ground and sigh as a minute seems to stretch out further.

Once the microwave dings, I open the microwave and get the plate of pizzas, and I groan when the pads of my finger make contact with the hot surface of the plate. I pull my hand back, glaring at the plate and sighing at myself for being childish. I wait impatiently for a few more seconds before grabbing the plate and heading into the kitchen to join my father.