43

Later that day we were all called up to Fury’s office to discuss a new mission to take that's in Europe. I, for one, am excited for this trip. I was starting to get bored around here just working out and doing nothing. I'm wanna go out and shoot some bad guys and save people.
“This place is just like the one in South America. It looks small on the outside but it's all underground. I'm sending Della, Romanoff, the Maximoff’s, and Steve in there to smoke out the place. Before that you'll do some undercover work and try to extract information.”
Oh shit! Going undercover! I'm gonna use a disguise. I'm gonna look badass. Hold up.
“What about Bucky?,” I asked.
“He'll be staying here. He will be sitting out for this mission.”
I looked at Bucky. His expression was relaxed but he smelled anxious and worried. I probably do too.
“The five of you will be out there for a week, learn what you can and on the last day strike. Be ready, the jet leaves in the morning. Dismissed.”
I walked in full of excitement but that was replaced by the fact that Buck wasn't going. I turned to talk to him but he was talking to Fury so I just headed off to my room to start packing.

*Bucky’s POV*
I tried to talk to Fury into letting me go with them but he declined. I know Della is a tough girl but she's not safe. Not when she has Hydra looking for her and she doesn't know the extent of her powers.
I needed to talk to Steve so I went to his room.
I knocked on his door and he was quick to answer.
“What's up?”
“Can I talk to you about something? Privately?”
“Sure,” he let me into his room. “The walls are soundproof in every room. What’s going on Buck?”
“Della. I need you to keep an eye on her. I worry about her and I need you to promise me you'll take care of her!,” I rushed out.
“She's a strong kid, James. Why do you need this from me?”
I was taken aback by his use of my name. “She. She is but, just promise me, Steve.”
“I will.”
“Thank you.” I walked out and headed over to Della’s room so I could make sure she would be ok to go. Before I could even knock she opened the door. Obviously the walls weren't soundproof enough for Della.
She smiled but her eyes and body language told a different story. She was wringing her hands and she kept shifting her eyes. “I heard someone coming this way. Come in, come in. I'm starting to pack. Oh, you want to hear about my plans for when I go undercover?!”
“Can I ask you something first?”
“Sure.”
“I know you're a tough girl but are you ok to go on this trip?”
She tensed up at the question. “I think so. It's gonna suck since you're not coming.” She looked away. I walked over to her gave her a hug. She was starting to cry.
“You're going to be ok. If you start to feel overwhelmed you can always run back over here. If something goes wrong get out of there or find Steve.”
She hugged me back. I was a constant in her life, she was mine. We grounded each other. Friends till the end.
She started to laugh and wipe away her tears. “Damn. I know they said it's gonna be a week but it feels like a month.”
I smiled. “It's going to go by quick.” She nodded and continued to pack. “Tell me about your undercover plans.” Her face lit up.

*Della's POV*
Talking to Bucky about how I was feeling put my mind at ease but when I was trying to fall asleep my mind kept racing. I kept thinking about different possible scenarios where things could go wrong. I could get hurt, Hydra could find me, Steve could get hurt, just a list of things that could go south.