Kid 6

I get down from the stairs where I have fallen asleep on after everyone left and I climb up the stairs, heading for my room when I hear the door open, I slowly and carefully draw closer making sure my feet doesn't make any noise as I walk.

I draw closer and I see William walk in and close the door and when I look at the clock on the wall and it reads 12:02 in the mid night. He is looking tired and quiet exhausted and I can't help feeling a part of my heart go to him, but I refuse to. He drops his suitcase on the brown leather sofa and moves around the sofa to sit down.

"I'm glad you're home now," I say before turning and walking off.

I hear him call out my name, but I don't care to look at him as I walk in and slam the door. I walk to the bed and throw myself on it and close my eyes when I hear a knock on my door.

I stay silent for the first few knocks that come to my door and just when I thought he had left, I hear his voice at the door. "I know you're in there and I know you're upset with me, but please open the door and let me explain."

"Go away William, I want to sleep," I sigh and bury my head deeper into the pillow, but the knock just keeps coming and groaning, I get up from my bed and walk to the door. "I know you want to say, you're going to tell me how your flight was delayed and you couldn't make it for my birthday, but guess what? It was yesterday you still broke your promise."

"Yes I'm sorry I couldn't make it and I thought you were going to be asleep when I will come back." he breaths down, "common open the door."

I turn the door knob and there he is looking breathtaking and handsome as hell and I want to cuddle and kiss him so badly. "What do you want?"

He rubs his forehead slowly in frustration, "I want to say I'm sorry kid," he starts off, but I don't let him finish.

"First off, stop calling me kid."

He frowns down at me in a little confusing manner, "Why?"

"Because I realize that the more you keep calling me as that the more you keep seeing me as that, a kid."

His frown doesn't settle, if for anything it deepens, "You've always been okay with it?"

I shake my head, ready to argue my case out adamantly, "I never have and I don't want you seeing me and calling me that anymore."

He pauses, looking at me with a curious eye, "Listen kid-"

I cut him off before he can complete the word, "Stop fucking calling me kid!" I yell, hissing in pure irritation.

His brow rises in surprise, "The school has been teaching you how to cuss eh?" he demand with a tender voice.

"No, it hasn't." my eyes lower and my anger drifts away. I had no intention of being disrespectful even though I was really angry. His warm finger slowly touches my cheeks sending shivers down my spine and he tilts my chin up to look at him. "Just stop calling me kid."

"Why?" he ask again just like before, but although the same question I know it is intended to have a different answer.

"Because I am not a kid!" I snap, "I don't want to be a kid to you, I want to be more than that."

"How old are you?" he asks as his eyes darken while he still stares at me.

His question takes me by surprise; I wasn't expecting this type of question from him? I still don't understand why he's asking, when he knows my age.

My cheeks burn and I bite down on my lips to stop its obviousness, "I'm 19 William, what does that mean."

He smirks, his finger stroking my cheeks tenderly. "I'm 33 year old, kid."

I bite down on my lower lip in a hard attempt to stop, myself from crumbling and crying immediately. For a weird reason, his words which I can say was meant to prove a point, more of make me stay away seems to also have cut deep into my heart. And yes he's older, mature; but the heart wants what it wants.

I shove his hand away from my face, already feeling his teasing and mocking coming along. He's probably going to tell me how far apart we are and that's the last thing I want to hear.

Things are already bad as they are.

"Then you should leave." I tell him and turn to leave, but his hand pulls me back and I collide with his solid form and my breath cut in my throat both in fear and in anticipation.

My face comes incredibly close to his chest and I hear the heavy beating of his heart and I want to place my hand on it and I do it immediately before I get to talk myself out of it and as my hand slowly touches him, his heartbeat skips and his hand quickly takes control of mine and I look up from his chest to his face.

I hear his deep, harsh and heavy, breathing and it brushes over my face and I can't look away once my eyes gets locked in his.

The harsh line of his forehead that normally comes to his face when he's in deep concentration appears on his face, "You don't know what you want kid." He mutters under his breath, brushing the strand of hair on my face away.

"I do, you think I don't because you still see me as a kid, but I do. I want you William, I have feelings for you." I reveal to my own surprise and fear.

I hear him suck a quick breath, "It'll be better if you stay away, for your own safety kid."

"What does that mean?" I demand; trying to pull from him, but his hands only tightens around me.

"Kid the only reason you still feel this way about me, is because I consider you as a kid and by so doing I'm bond to put you and your needs first."

I raise a challenging brow at him, "I can take care of myself, why do you seem to forget that."

He shakes his head, "Not from me you can't." and with that his lips brushes ever so fleetingly against mine before dominating every senses working in me and I can't help putting my arms around his neck and pulling him closer, so we are pressed against each other.

We pull apart and I'm lost for words to say because the kiss we just shared is the best I've ever had. He gently strokes my cheeks, before saying "Happy birthday kid."

I smile happily at him and he unwrap his arms from around my waist and steps back, "Thank you," I wholeheartedly tell him and licks over my lips.

He walks to the door, "Good night kid," he says and walks out and I make my way over to the bed and crawl onto it.

I close my eyes and for once I'm happy to dream and fall asleep, knowing William already know about my feelings for him and I'm no longer alone with my feelings.

.
**
Hello lovelies, if you wish to continue reading this book then log in to GoodNovel to read the complete book. Just search kid on their site and you can access the book and support me there. God bless you all