Day 18

Rory's POV

_________________

"Morning Aurora." I glare at my dad from across the table, "Dadddd. It's Rory! We've been through this a million times."

"Not on your birth certificate, it isn't," He replies without glancing up from his newspaper. I huff and fill my plate with food. 'Not on your birth certificate it isn't, bleh bleh bleh,' I mimic, mentally making faces at my dad.

"Making faces isn't going to change the bitter truth," My dad sasses, still reading the newspaper. I look at him in shock. What was he? A freaking mind reader?

"What bitter truth?" Cyan questions, seating himself at the table. 

"That dad's a mean old fart," I grumble, placing a pancake, scrambled eggs, and a sausage on my plate.

This time my dad looks up from the newspaper, "Cyan, can you believe this?" He asks dramatically. I groan and bang my head against the table. 

Here we go again.

"I provide shelter, clothes, money, and an education and all I get is such rude words? I put so much hard work and pain into helping you survive and this is how you repay me?" He gasps for effect.

I look at my brother for help, but he just stuffs his face with pancakes. Sighing, I turn to my dad, "I'm sorry?"

He lifts his chin up and looks away, "No, no. That's fine. I guess all that pain and hard work was for nothing."

Oh my goodness. He was way too dramatic for his own good. "Are you sure you're not gay dad?"

My dad looks at me like I said the dumbest thing in the world, "See what I mean!" He questions Cyan. "My hard work has gone to waste on a kid who hates me,"

"Oh, be quiet Chris. At least you're not the one who birthed her," Mom walks in with Vienna trailing behind her, "Now, that was torture. She was so fat, I swear she was on steroids!" 

"She's still fat mommy," Vienna states, staring at me with her big green eyes.

Cyan guffaws with laughter.

Huffing, I glare at all of them, "I don't like you guys." They all laugh this time.

"Oh, come on Ror. We're just joking," Cyan states, ruffling my hair.

"I'm not!" A small devilish voice squeaks from two chairs down from me. I stick my tongue out at my sister, "Whatever you little devil."

Vienna gasps, "Mommy! Rory called me a bad word!"

I tune out when my mom starts to 'scold' me and reach for another pancake.  In the middle of her lecture, she stops. I look at her, only to see her eyeing my plate. "What?"

"You're eating breakfast today," She states.

I look down at my plate and exhale in surprise. I usually don't eat breakfast- even on weekends- so I guess it was kind of surprising that I ate this morning.

"Does it have anything to do with... Kale?" My mom bats her eyelashes innocently. I spin around to face Cyan, "You told them!?"

Shrugging his shoulders, he takes a drink from his glass of orange juice, "Yeah."

I raise my hands and imitate his head being crumpled in my hands, "Do you not know what privacy is?"

"What's wrong with telling us?" My mom questions.

"I told you honey! Ungratefulness!" Dad whispers loudly to my mom. I rub my temples. And they wonder why I don't come to breakfast?

"Ok, look. Me and Ka-"