Chapter 8: Boys, Boys, Boys

Chapter 8
Boys, Boys, Boys

When I return back to the living room, people are still swaying their hips to the left and right, and it's like the incident about me never happened at all. It disappeared just like a flash. My eyes search for the dirty blonde haired man, and I see him making himself comfortable on the couch. From the corner of my eyes, I see Dale talking with Lilith. He has an annoyed look across his features, and his eyes meet mine briefly before he turns away. I swear I caught a glimpse of him making a face at me, but I'm not sure at all since the pounding of the music and the dimness of the room distract me.

Ignoring the feeling inside my chest, I head to the couch and join Dustin. He looks at me, those worried look in his eyes still there, swimming freely. I smile at him, taking a seat beside him.

"If I ever found out who bumped you..." he says in pure annoyance, his eyes frantically searching for the culprit who decided to purposely knock me down on the ground. I don't really have a feud with someone at school, or to anyone for that matter. I pat his shoulder, shaking my head. Dustin looks at me with nothing but irritation. "You're too good."

"I've been told so many times," I chortle, chuckling. He shakes his head, but a small smile is playing on his lips. When I look up, Dale is looking at me intently, and he has that annoyed expression plastered across his face and I wonder what his problem is.

Dustin stands up and offers his hand at me, and I look at it dumbly, taking his hand in mine. That's when he pulls me up, grinning at me and I roll my eyes. He leads me back to the center of the dancefloor and the song is even louder in my ears, but it's definitely fun. I lean in closer to take just a sniff of his scent, and surprisingly, he doesn't have any stench of alcohol around him. In fact, his scent is intoxicating, and the scent invades my nostrils, tickling my nose and I find myself leaning closer. I hear him chuckling, looking at me with amusement in his eyes while I playfully hit him on his shoulder.

Dale is just a few meters away from us, and he still has his eyes trained on me. They might have not noticed it, but I do. I feel his eyes on me, and if he only had Cyclops' power, I would have been an ash by now from the way he looks at me. It's so intense, and I can feel the tension lingering in the air.

"Would you like to ditch this party and do something else with me?" he yells in my ear, his voice mixing with the beat of the music and the pounding of feet on the ground as the people jump to the beat of the song. Nodding and grinning at him, he immediately takes my hand and practically drags me out of this crazy party. From the corner of my eyes, I see Dale trying to squeeze past his way into us, but as I look over my shoulders, he stops moving as his eyes meet mine.

Lilith moves beside him, her arms circling around his waist. The action burns my eyes yet I can't look away. His eyes are still staring right at mine, and I can't move my eyes away from his as I'm being practically dragged by the dirty blonde haired man. The crowd eats them out, people circling around them, and that's when our staring match breaks.

Jealousy flickers inside me like a match, trying to ignite and burst out in flames. I try to contain my emotions inside me as much as possible because I don't want jealousy overruling me. It's not right. It's not going to be right. It will never be right to feel jealousy. Dale is never mine, and he will never be mine, and that's something that I should put in my thick skull that he will never ever be mine. The truth hurts, but there's this teeny tiny feeling that keeps flickering whenever Dale is around me.

When we get outside, the cool breeze of air brushes past our skin, and a shiver runs down my spine. Dustin notices that I'm cold and practically drags me to where his truck is parked. Once within sight, we both run faster. I climb into the passenger seat while he climbs into driver's seat. Reaching for the key in his pocket, he puts the key into the ignition, turning it around and the car suddenly roars to life, purring. He shots me a wink, which earn a playfully eye roll from me. Dustin reaches for the clutch, and slides it forward. The truck moves, slowly, then moves faster. In the side mirror, even though it's dark, I can still make out his features. I can see the way his brows furrowed as his chest heaves up and down rather rapidly, indicating that he has run. I'm not sure why, but the way he looks into my direction, he looks helpless. There's a voice inside my head that says: climb out of the truck, run into him, and knock him with a kiss on the lips, but I'm not about to go do that. It's better this way.