Chapter 9: Chips Galore

Chapter 9
Chips Galore

I really don't know what's more embarrassing; the fact that I saw Dustin half-naked, grinning down at me, amused by my expression, or that he threw me his towel, which was wrapped around his body. Just thinking about it has me blushing like a mad man. I flush, erasing those thoughts away as I wear the clothes that he has lent me once more.

Right now, I'm currently wearing his white t-shirt that fits naturally to me. It's one of his old clothes that is too small for him. According to him, he has gained a few muscles. I scoff at that. A few muscles, my face. Since it's really cold outside, despite the sun soaring high in the sky, he lends me his varsity jacket. At the back of the jacket, his last name is written on it and I feel like I'm suddenly his boyfriend.

Pushing the thought away at the back of my head, I stare myself in the mirror and once satisfied with how I look, I get out of the room only to find him lazily watching a television show. His hair is now slicked back to perfection, and his lips are in a pucker. His eyes move from the television show to me, and his eyes shine with something. He immediately stands up, knocking off the remote in his hand only to bend down and pick it up again, turning off the television. I chuckle, rolling my eyes playfully at him. He then moves forward, motioning for me to follow him. I follow suit, trailing behind as I watch his back flex as he walks rather sexily. Is it possible for a man to look sexy just by walking? Dustin. Dustin. Dustin can pull off that easily. Dustin locks the door of his house, then jogs at his truck's direction.

He climbs into the driver's seat while I run on the other side and climb into the passenger seat. I notice that he's wearing only a plain grey t-shirt and a beige colored shorts. Simple clothes really look good on him. His tattooed is visible and is standing out. While the others look like a maniac when they have a tattoos on their arms, Dustin is very different. When you take a look at him, you wouldn't think that he's a maniac at all. Instead you would think of him as an angel who rebelled. And it's a good sight.

"What? Why are you staring at me like that?" he asks me, his brows furrowing as he takes a look in the mirror, checking to see if there's something on his face. I curse under my breath, shaking my head. I was practically drooling at him, and it's so obvious, and he caught me. I flush, cheeks and ears reddening as I try to calm myself down. "Nothing's wrong with my face, right?" Except for being pretty, nope. Nothing wrong.

Putting the key into the ignition and turning it around, the truck purrs to life and in a few minutes, we're hitting the road. I turn on the radio, wanting to know what's playing on a Saturday morning. The street is really crowded; there are only a people milling around the place. We reach the nearest Starbucks at our area, and Dustin parks on the side, just in front of the store of Starbucks. I hop out of his truck once he's parked on the side and wait for him. He climbs out of his truck and runs beside me, and then together we walk up right into the store. The smell of the coffee beans instantly invade my nose, and the scent is so great. Dustin walks right up into the counter and greets the brunette girl, whose name is Ashley. I immediately tell myself that this girl is going to flirt with Dustin for a few moments, but she never does. Instead, she takes his order and takes mine, knowing that we're together. Not together together, but together as friends. Am I making sense? As what he mentioned earlier, he orders a venti of Java Chips while I order a venti of Dark Mocha. Dustin also orders a few chips, and the girl motions for us to wait on the other side, which we do.

My eyes dart in back and forth around the area, and my eyes widen at what I see. Lilith, Dale, Gloss, Kaila, Ashton, and Derek are also here. The world is really so small. They haven't seen me yet so perhaps we could just sneak out and they'd never notice that we have come here. Looking at my best friends, a guilt flashes across my features. I didn't mean to not spend time with them. To be honest, I miss Gloss and his remarks at me, and Derek's snarky comments. It's just that I'm trying to get away as far as possible from Dale, and since Dale is always with them, I have to get away from them, too.