Chapter Thirty-Eight

Unedited.

And listen to the song. No relevance to the chapter, it's just some bomb shit.

Beautiful.

Poised in the middle of destruction, chained to the floor. The witch was a beautiful damsel in distress.

Thick, wavy brown hair. Fierce amber eyes full of accusation. Caramel skin ashen with fatigue. A gaunt face, every line sharp and precise. Thin lips set in a snarky sneer.

The wolf stopped in weary awe, ears pinned back in nose crinkling disgust.

The scent of death lingered heavily in the small, abandoned room. Through the first lights of dawn filtering through the silt covered windows, dust floated thickly in the air.

"Hello she-wolf. I've been waiting for you." The raspy voiced Latina calmly stated, crossing her arms gracefully despite the chains.

Grey coat shimmered in the streaming light, giving the neutral color a sharp turn towards the whiter side. The wolf was uncertain of the female before her, she smiled in that sultry, innocent way yet the witch screamed danger. Edging towards the dark sorceress, she bark deeply, making the woman raise a perfectly sculpted brow. The wolf wanted her attention, wanted to know her intentions. The wolf wanted to kill her, to stop the havoc that lay low around her.

"Now, now. That was quite rude of you, don't you think." Tilting her head, chocolate locks flowed down the side of her shoulder. "Staying in that unnatural form is rude as well, lets change that, shall we?" Amber eyes blew into pure gold.

Wolf whimpered as she felt an unnatural force overcome her body, forcing her bones to reform into her birth form. It was excruciating, an unwanted shift being the most painful was enough to put any Wolf on T.O.

"That's better." The witch smirked tauntingly as if the wolf was the one chained and not her.

A snarl tore from the female's throat, causing her to lunge towards the witch with painful intents. It was as if she hit a wall and some one threw her back. Her fragile human form went sailing across the room, crashing into an old piano in the corner. Keys clanked off key, making the female wince at the horrid sound.

"There is something off about you, she-wolf. Something that I've never seen in other wolves. But I cannot seem to place my finger on it." Standing with overflowing confidence, the witch pulled the skirts of her white stained dress out from underneath herself, allowing her to walk as close as she could to the crumpled wolf.

Growling weakly, even in her fatigued state, the Wolf stood her ground. Rising on shaking legs, she found the strength to hold herself up. Silver bore into rich brown.

"Oh, I see now." The witch cackled. "You are just a beast aren't you? Your human has given up, hasn't she? She died and left you to carry on her legacy. What a shit way you are doing. Pathetic little beasty you are." She giggled.

"Hush. Witch." She ground out.

"The wolf has a voice. How surprising. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Helena Satora, pleasure to meet me, I'm sure." A slender hand out stretched to shake the wolf's. "No?" Helena smirked when she did not shake it. "Who might you be? A broken queen I already have heard."

"I am many." It was the truth, as much nonsense as it made. The Wolf had lived many lifetimes and experienced many things. This human's life was one of the roughest she had ever experienced, though, by far.