00.

published: nov. 12, 2016
edited: feb. 25, 2017

SIRIUS ORION BLACK III, the Gryffindor rebel, was the eldest child of Walburga and Orion Black. He was also the one that they were most ashamed of. Going against everything that his fascist parents stood for, the boy opposed every comment his parents made about pureblood supremacy by talking about one of his many Muggleborn friends at Hogwarts. When they were hidden in the solitude of Grimmauld Place, he paid for these comments with neglect and abuse but when they were in the presence of other members of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, his parents pushed the eldest to the side and showed off their prize child in order to get their peers' attention off of Sirius.

REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK, the Slytherin prince, was their prize child. As the youngest child of the pair, he had breathed their teachings in and out like it was the only thing he needed. With a back that was always straight and a head that was always held high, he emitted everything his parents instilled in him. He believed himself better than everyone and he thought that all that were not pureblooded should bow at his feet for he was a Black and they were practically royalty.

AQUILA PHOENIX BLACK, the Ravenclaw goddess, was the middle child in every way and form. Born a year after Sirius and a year before Regulus, she was the balance in between the boys. Her heart and head were in the right place for she believed not what her parents tried to instil in her but the exact opposite. However, the girl did this smartly. She knew what to say and what to do to keep her parents from disowning her, yet she always stuck up for Sirius and his views on any occasion that their parents tried to degrade him. Why? Because Sirius was family and family mattered the most to Aquila.

THE THREE BLACKS, while practically identical in looks what with their dark, wild hair and startling gray eyes, were all on different parts of the spectrum when it came to personality. Sirius was on one side, the side that he thought was right. Regulus was on the other side, the side that he was taught was right. Aquila was dead in the middle of the two, keeping the balance to ensure nothing got out of hand. However, no matter how different they were, there was one thing that they all had in common.

They were not to be messed with.

DISCLAIMER:

I had started writing this under the impression that Sirius was two years older than Regulus (which he is even though they were a year apart in Hogwarts). Therefore, for the sake of my story, let Sirius be two years above Regulus and not one.

Thanks.

Dedicated to somniatis_ because she literally inspires me with her writing. Check her out if you don't know her!