chapter one.

today is the day that i'll be moving to LA. this isn't by choice, my mother is making me because she believes i need a "fresh start." i'm from chicago. southside. which explains itself.

i'll be sad because i'm leaving my family and friends, but one person i will not miss is hakeem. he's my now ex-boyfriend. we went through a lot together. however, i finally pulled myself together to leave him.

anyways, my name is deja. i am 17 years old. i guess that's about it. (deja down below)

you're probably wondering where will i be staying in LA, since obviously my mother isn't going

you're probably wondering where will i be staying in LA, since obviously my mother isn't going. well, my older sister, zhayla. lives in LA with her husband. who's august alsina. she's 19 and she has a daughter named brianna. i haven't spent much time with her. zhayla moved to LA shortly after she was pregnant, our mom didn't treat her well.
(zhayla and brianna down below)

- dejai get up from my bed and go into my connected bathroom

- deja
i get up from my bed and go into my connected bathroom. i take a shower for about 15 minutes and go into my room and change into a comfy outfit.

as i finished getting dressed, my mother quietly opened my door, "hija, do you have your travel bag packed?"

me being slightly irritated by her presence i respectfully said, "yes mama"

"hija, i want you to stay safe in LA. stay away from trouble and try to talk to other boys. get your mind off hakeem.

"mommy, you don't don't have to mention him.that wasn't called for, but okay," i let out a soft giggle to release some of the worry my mother has.

"okay well it's almost time for you to leave, are you ready?"

i sighed. i knew i wasn't ready to leave my home. my mother knew i wasn't either, but neither of us have a choice. this is to better myself.

-on the plane-

now that i'm on the plane, i am getting pretty excited to move. i get to meet new people. get away from the trouble and burden here in Chicago.

-after the plane ride-

"welp hello to the beginning of my new life....."