1.1

-POV Opal- 

"Didn't I tell you that I wasn't going to be your alarm clock," Samm's voice yelled through the banging on my door. "I'll go in there if you don't answer me!"

I quickly fumbled out of the bed and to the door, I opened the door and was face to face with Samm, "you never come into my room without permission," I stated.

"Are you forgetting the fact that you're at my house?"

I frowned and shut the door to go get ready. Once I finished I walked into the kitchen to make tea, Samm was making coffee.

"Hey, you got any tea?" I asked

He turned moved over and revealed the Keurig with a rack of many coffees and teas.

"Oh." He walked away stirring his coffee.

I've never worked a Keurig before but I have a general idea of what to do. All went generally well and I got my tea. I felt a little more accomplished than I should have.

-0-

The next few weeks with Samm, As much as I hate to admit they were nice. He gave me a custom house key with Minnie Mouse on it. Heh, lucky me my very own house key to Samm's house. When I told Zelda she screamed, and no I'm not exaggerating she screamed in the middle of a café. She got weird looks.

One thing I did find out about Samm is that he really liked everything to be clean. I left my tea cup by the sink and he lectured me, I guess that explains the spotless white couches and floors, and maid. My first encounter with the maid was rather awkward, the man was four feet tall.

I had to take a break from all the clean so I'm heading to stay with Zelda and her parents for a few days.

"Come here!" I was trailing behind Zelda as she showed me around her parent's house, "and this is my old room!" She flew open the door to a room with paint splattered everywhere. It smelled like paint.

It was really honestly amazing, paintings on the walls and everything. She was amazing at art. Her eye collage above her bed.

"Wow." That's all I could say.

"I know right!"

"Why don't you try selling?"

"Oh no no no no," she kept shaking her head, "I cherish my art too much to do that."

"You'd make so much money though, Zed."

"I know," she changed the topic, "let's go meet my parents," she grabed my hand and lead me to the living room.

We walked into the living room and two older people sat down on the couch watching TV. The female was young and pretty blonde hair and green eyes. The man was much older, he had gray hair and looked like he really couldn't move.

"Mom, dad this is Opal," Zelda pointed to me I waved awkwardly. Zelda's mother stood up and came towards me, "Oh my dear, she is just a peach." For such a young looking lady she talked like she was old.

"My dad doesn't hear well, and mom still thinks she's young but she's not," Zelda whispers to me. We sat and visited with her parents for a while until we decided to go out to eat.

-0-

The next morning before leaving for class, I went to go read in the local park. It was a good morning so why not. I found a bench underneath a tree and started reading.

Five minutes into my reading the sun suddenly was blocked, I looked up from my book and looking down at me was a grinning Samm.

"What do you need?" I asked.

"We still need to go on our second date," his grin widened.

"That's true but class is starting soon," I closed my book and stood up.

"Do you not get it Opal? I'm asking you to skip class with me, break your goody two shoes reputation for once."

"Sorry Samm, I have no interest in skipping class, plus the professor wouldn't be too happy." I started to walk away.

"Well too bad, the deal was if you enjoyed the first date we had to go on a second one, wherever and whenever." He ran up to me and stood in front of me to block me.

I put my hand up to his face to snub him off. Then he grabbed my hand and pulled me to his car, "you realize that this is technically kidnapping," I said.

"Your not a kid now are you?" I scoffed and got in the car. I wasn't going to put up much of a fight, he'd win no matter what.

"So what do you have planed?" I sighed.

"You'll see."

"Not this again, you have to talk to me."

"No I don't." He was a child, no no he is a child. The drive wasn't as long as the trip to the beach. But the car did end back up on the sand.

It was noon and the sand was radiating with heat. 'Welcome to the dunes of sand,' said a sign on top a building.

We got out of the car and I followed behind him into the building. "We wanna rent out two four wheelers," Samm said placing his hands down on the counter.

"Alright how long will the rent be?" Said the shop keeper.

"Umm, can I just give you a thousand and return them when we're done?"

The shop keepers eyes lit up, "of course!" Samm counted out nine hundred dollar bills and two fifties. The shop keeper handed Samm the keys to two four wheelers and we left.

"He said this key is to a black one, and this ones to a yellow one," he tossed me the key to the yellow one.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"You said when you were young you rode four wheelers, and by the looks of it I think you'd be pretty good, so I hope this date is fun." We turned around to the back of the building where rows and rows of four wheelers were placed.

Samm found his instantly, he was grinning at me because I was lost. There was multiple yellow ones.

"Hey, look at the number on the key," he said. I looked at the key, number 31. I found it and started it.

It was so nostalgic to be back on a four wheeler.

"Well? Let's go!" Said Samm riding right past me. He looked hot with his black four wheeler and helmet. I grinned and put on my helmet.

"Is this a race?" I shouted.

"Want it to be?" I didn't answer him I just sped past him. I was a race.