Chapter Nineteen.

Elijah Astor

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Someone bounced on the bed. My nose scrunched up, and I turned, slipping deeper under the bed covers. “Dakota.” I murmured, and nudged her leg with mine. “Close the blinds.” I complained, trying to shield my eyes away from the early sunlight, sneaking through the window.

Dakota made a grunting sound, nudging me back, harder. “I’m sleeping.” She yanked roughly on the covers, pulling them off me and over herself.

Someone screeched. “Guys!”

I opened one eye. Stacey was scrambled out on the floor, her hair bunched around her face and staring angrily up at the ceiling. She huffed loudly, before sitting up and crossing her arms.

Dakota laughed. Her head was peaked out of the covers, and her own hair was a mess. She looked sort of hot. “What happened to you?” She asked Stacey, laughing again.

Stacey laughed along with her. “I was trying to wake you up. But, you started fighting with the covers and made me fall off the bed!”

Ah, so she was the one bouncing on the bed. Dakota laughed louder, her eyes shining. “Stac, that’s priceless!”

“Oh, hush.” She rolled her eyes, pushing herself up. “But, seriously. Wake up; it’s our last day here. You can’t sleep the day away!”

Dakota sits up, letting the covers slip down her waist. She rubbed her knuckle against her left eye. “Do you want to go to the beach?”

I took this opportunity to glide the covers away from Dakota and back over myself. She threw me a nasty glare, but didn’t move from her spot. Stacey says, “Yeah, girl. Then we can all go to lunch. Do you want to get ready and then we can walk down? The boys can meet us later.”

“Sure. Give me ten minutes.” Dakota lifts her arms above her head, stretching back. As she does, she lets out a moan of appreciation. Mhm.

“Okay.” Stacey nodded and walked out of the room, clicking the door shut behind her.

Dakota let out a heavy sigh, flopping back down the bed.

I eyed her wearily. “Aren’t you supposed to be getting dressed?”

“I’m tired.” She complained, rolling her head to the side to meet my gaze. “Will you help me?”

Help her change? I don’t think that end well. “Blondie, I can guarantee you if you get naked in front of me, you will stay naked.”

She broke our eye contact. “You’re gross.” She laughed, shoving me before standing up from the bed.

“Hey, I’m a guy. Don’t blame me.”

“Whatever.” She bent down, quickly retrieving a bathing suit from her suitcase. She sent me one last look, before leaving the room. Well, there goes that.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

An hour later, Ryan and I were making our way down to the beach. The girls had ordered us to bring their chairs, so we were hefting those down the beach. The sand was hot, and the air was sticky, creating slight sweat on my neck.

Ryan gave me a side way glance. “What time are you guys heading home tonight?”

I shrugged. “I’m not sure. Maybe nine or ten at night. You?”

“Whatever Stacey wants.”

I laughed shortly. “You really like her, huh?”

Ryan sighed. We stopped at a clear spot on the beach, dropping the chairs. “Yeah. I mean, who wouldn’t?”