16. Run and Hide

9 years ago

9 years ago

I pulled the trigger. I shot him.

Nothing in my mind would process. Too much was happening too fast, and I wasn't sure how to take it all in. I killed a man. I was losing my powers. Everything about me was changing, physically and mentally...I could feel it.

"...Raven!" I hear Jay yell at me as my eyes snap up to him, feeling drowsy now. "Stay with me, okay?"

I was still in his arms, but I wasn't sure where we were other than that. "I...I c-can't-"

"Just a little bit longer," he tells me, but everything in my mind was swirling and spinning with different thoughts. My parents were there, along with the first time Jay had taken me back to his lair, and then there was the memory of that man lying there on the stage floor, blood around him as he continues to smile at me.

I tighten my fist on Jay's chest.

The next thing I know, Jay is setting me down, but I wasn't back in the lair. It appeared to me that I was in some type of office, but I wasn't sure. Everything was spinning around me. However, after a minute or two with Jay being gone, I hear him yelling in Zoom's voice.

"Help her or you won't live to see another day..." his voice fades out in my head. I jump at the remembrance of the sound of the gunshot. "She was hit with...she's losing her powers...her life too...reverse it."

I couldn't quite catch everything he said, but the next thing I know, I feel another pair of hands grabbing my face and lifting me up, staring at me in the eyes. A little light shines into them as I blink rapidly, catching a glimpse of a woman helping me. She appeared to be asian, and judging by her lab coat she had on, I guessed that she either worked at S.T.A.R. Labs or some other lab that Jay and I were constantly visiting for more of that serum Jay needed.

She looks back at Jay. "I can't guarantee that I can reverse this...I don't even know what's going on with her-"

"I don't care!" Zoom yells, his voice booming in my head. "Help her. Whatever it takes."

After I hear Jay say this, I drift away into unconsciousness.

____

When I wake up again, I was lying in a hospital bed with what felt like an IV in my arm. Funny...I couldn't tell you the last time I had an IV in my arm, let alone lied in a hospital bed.

My eyelids feel like steel trap doors as I open them, along with trying to sit up a little bit farther in my bed. I don't make it very far when I feel my whole body freeze, almost as if I haven't moved in a week it felt like. A groan leaves my throat then, but then finally when I'm able to see everything around me more clearly, I find Jay's face.

"Careful," he tells me as I try to move a little bit more, but soon stop at the sound of his voice. "How are you feeling?"