Confession

----------------------------------------

Shizuo's pov:

The winds are picking up making it impossible to see ahead. But I can't give up. I have to find izaya! After running for what felt like an eternity, I slid down against a wall trying to catch my breath. Damnitt! I'm out of stamina. How am I gonna find him now? What if he's cold and shivering without a jacket? What if he's crying and scared all by himself? WHAT IF- my loud thoughts were interrupted by a soft sniffle that came from my side. I immediately turned to find the tiny informant silently crying with his knees pressed against his chest.

"...izaya...?" I asked between breaths. His head immediately shot up and he stared at me with a shocked expression. He quickly started to get up but I grabbed him by the wrist. "Izaya wait!" I managed to choke out. "Let go!" He shouted trying to struggle away from my grip. Before he could escape I pulled him into a tight embrace. "Izaya. Listen to me. Please..."I silently whispered. He stopped struggling and started to cry into my shoulder. Without hesitation I picked him up bridal style and started to carry him back to the apartment, and until we reached inside, the blizzard had surely already begun. Thank goodness we made it back in time. I almost lost all hope there. I quickly carried the shivering raven up to his bedroom and wrapped him up in several blankets. "How are you feeling now? Warm enough?" I asked gently caressing his cheek. He nodded but refused to make eye contact. I sighed with relief.

"Izaya..." i softly spoke his name. He slightly looked up at me, then looked back down. "I'm sorry, izaya. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you like that, I just got a little out of control and didn't know what I was doing. I promise I'll never ever do any of that to you again! It's just that, You were just so cute and I couldn't help myself and-" "geez shizu-chan. Are you giving an apology or an election speech?" He laughed softly. "I-its okay. I was just a little surprised, that's all." He spoke blushing a bit. A smile automatically appeared on my face. Thank goodness. "Want me to get you something to eat?" I asked getting up heading towards the kitchen. But before I could reach the bedroom door, I felt something tug on my sleeve, turning around to see it was izaya "d-don't leave yet..." he whimpered with a pleading look in his eyes. He looks so adorable. So cute. Almost naive. I nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed, patting his head gently.

He smiled softly and spoke "shizu-chan?" I smiled back. "Yea?" I answered in a gentle tone. "If I ask you something...will you answer me honestly?" He silently asked. I nodded without hesitation. He took a deep breath "...do you love me?..." he spoke with hopeful eyes. Without hesitation, I leaned in and gently pecked his lips. "I do. I love you a lot." I answered without thinking twice. His eyes widened a bit before he got teary and hid under the blankets. A small laugh escaped my lips as I started to crawl under the blankets as well, lying down next to the now adorable mess who was wiping his tears away. "Sh-shizu-chan you idiot!" He whined. I wrapped my arms around his thin frame and hugged him close. "Yup. Im an idiot." I smiled and kissed his forehead as he started to hug back.

My hand slid from his arm to his thin wrist, feeling the cuts he had made across it. I frowned at this, gently bringing it to my lips and kissing it. "Never and I mean ever, cut yourself again, you hear me." I told him a little sternly. He slightly nodded and looked up at me. "I won't if you stay by my side." He smiled. "I will. I promise." With that, we cuddled up against each other and he almost instantly fell asleep. Everything seemed so calm and pleasant at the moment, but something inside my head was telling me that I had just made a huge mistake. I ignored the thought and started to drift off to sleep myself.

-------------------------------------------------