Now

"Vikk? Are you scared?"

There was no answer as he shifted around from the other side of the room, the chains that were wrapped around his hands from this morning now wrapped around his thin wrists even tighter.

"Of course I'm scared! Why wouldnt I be?" His voice with raspy and harsh as he leans his back up against the wall, bringing his knees to his chest and laying his head down.

"You don't seem scared though. Your so much braver then I am," I mumbled, and leaned against the back wall, shutting my eyes and feeling the cold concrete against my hair.

It reminded me of us back on that train that one day many months ago, when we started to drive and I hated every one and every thing. If I knew what would have happened, would I talked to Mitch more? Would I have asked Josh about his family he so dearly loved but never got the chance to talk about? Would I have told Harry to jump off that train when he first asked if he should, to save him from whatever he's going through now? Would I have brushed Vikk away in hopes he would spend his time talking to Lachlan instead? I hope so. Although, how would this all be changed if I did?

And do I regret staying long enough to be caught? If I knew, would I have bolted away long before JJ called out for everyone to save myself? A part of me hopes I wouldn't have just left, left Vikk and everyone else, but the more truthful part of me know that I would have. But I didnt, so I'm stuck here, at least for now.

Vikk scoffs from his place on the wall, as if he's just now hearing what I'm saying, "Brave? Im not brave. I've never been brave, you have nothing to be envious of."

I can't help but to protest, "How can you say your not being brave? You stayed calm and collected, and even when Jer-" But I get cut off.

"Don't talk about Jerome."

I can't help but hear his voice crack when he manages to spit out Jeromes name, how his eyes are sealed shut and his breaths have become more shallow. I bit the inside of my cheek and nod, it was stupid of me bring up. Now he seems so much less willing to talk, and the constant silence that now fills the room reminds me to not cross that territory again.

The room stays silent for awhile. The chains scoff against the floor every so often as we both wait in silence. They've brough us down into this horrid dungeon again just to spite us, to cause anticipation as they discuss our fate where we can't hear.

I'm starting to drift off. In fact, I can feel my eyes start to flutter shut as the door to our prison opens up, and my eyes instantly snap open just as quick.

A part of me hopes it food, or at least some water, but another side of me knows that if any food or water enters this room is gonna be tampered with, poisoned or laced with some sort of drug. But I'm starving, and I can't help the pleading look that flashes over my eyes as I look towards the door.

But I'm meet with bitterness and resentment as I'm meet with blue eyes and that same cocky grin open the door and close it behind his lanky frame. I can hear Vikks breaths grow increasing fast and his eyes glazed over in terror as his eyes catch sight of the taller man, and he seems to try to back himself up further into the wall.

"Ah, how peculiar. Your scared of me now, aren't you? Not so tough anymore." I can feel the anger start to build I'm my chest as I look over at Vikk, who's only starting to look more defeated as CalFreezy contuies to speak.

"Ha, as if you were ever tough before. I heard all about your little "nighttime talks" from Jerome. How tragic." CalFreezy hums in answer to the silence, bits of his clothes still stained red with the blood of a traitor.

My eyes grow wide with his words, and I can fell my skin pale. How Jerome could have possibly known any of that, anything about out or talks in beyond me. The only way he could have possibly known is if he was inside our dorm, or taken the night shift.

That's it. The freaking night shift. That's what Jerome did, he went patrolling the night shift around the base. That's how he could have known so much about everyone, and it would have given him just enough time to tell these monsters. That's why he took the night shifts, and that's how he knew about the nighttime conversations we shared. He must have heard.

And suddenly I don't feel as bad any more.

"Well, its no bother to me. Word is that their trying to find you guys, whatever's left of your pathetic quadrant has been searching for you guys for awhile now, you know that?" He teases, his voice soft and soothing although I can tell its all lies.

"There coming for us?" Vikk questions hopefully, and a small sparkle come back to his eyes before it disappears again.

"Ya, what's that kids name, Preston is it? He's searching all over for you guys, and he's willing to make a trade with us for your safety." CalFreezy humors, and you can see the smile behind his eyes he doesn't show on his face.

I pause. My heart swells with pride and uncertainty as I think about Preston coming to find us, and the feuds we had all those while ago. He's searching for us, even though I've screwed him over so many times, even though there's bigger problems at hand he's trying to find us and I don't think I'll ever be able to repay him.

"If course, its foolish to think he's going to find you, or even come close to getting you back." CalFreezy hums, and the pride and happiness I once felt is gone.

"Then your underestimating Preston. He'll find us." I manage to say, and I can see Vikk turn his head towards me, something lingeringing in his eyes as he turns away. He gotten much less hope full in the hour or so we've been down here, and I fear for his state of mind at the moment. I see him shake his head, as if the idea of Preston coming physically pains him. It takes me awhile to figure out the reason why, but when it hits me, it hurts me more then it should.

Out of all his friend group, the pack or whatever they called it, he and Preston were the only ones left.

And it makes sence why he wouldn't want Preston to come. Its an obvious trap, and of Preston died I think it would due him in. He already seems to tired, less willing to want to talk or do anything, and it starting to scare me. If he gives up, it'll only be so long until I give up to.

"I never said I underestimated him. Espically if the news gets out that I've hurt either of you at all, I'm sure that would only encourage him to look more. I'm just saying that even if he did find you, it would make a difference. You all will still end up in the same state you were gonna end up anyway. Dead."

He laughs, although I don't find it funny at all. And then he leaves, my stomach still grumbling, and Vikk looking even more defeated then he did before.

~~~~~~

Hello.

Betcha weren't expecting this, were ya? Probably thought I would continue my whooping yearly upload schedule HmmmMmm?

But anyway, sorry for the slow build up. It getting there, promise. You just have to stay with me (:

Working on some other secret stuffs at the moment, if anyone cares. I have about 15 other book ideas, and I'll probably would have posted or finished half of them by the end of the year? Including this one, if I remember to upload. Its almost the closing.

Anyway, see ya all later!