Chapter 17

You guys are truly amazing Chosen Suitor is now at number 87 in werewolf thank you so much! Here's an early update for you guys for being so awesome!

-------------------------------------------------------

The shocked expressions the rogues faces displayed didn't go unnoticed. They all stayed shocked, except the leader. Ara's growl was fierce and all the while held power to it, she was a strong willed wolf. 

The leader let out a hoarse laugh before glaring at her, "I wouldn't try that again beta female. After all, you're already weakened, you don't have the power to back that puppy whine up." He snapped at her, I, my self was staring to grow a growl within me but I held back, we would protect Ara if it came down to it. This rogue was going to pay and if the beating wasn't served by me then I'm sure Darin or Jason would happily give it to him.

Out of  the corner of my eye I watch as Ara lowers her head, her eyes now down cast, I could just feel her giving up, this rogue had injured her greatly and he was right she had no power to back up her protective  growl. Raising my eye sight up I look to the dark sky the moon was hidden behind clouds as I listened for any signs for Jason approaching. There was none, taking a deep breath in I set my eyes back on the rogue leader whom was licking his lips.

Quickly surveying the area around him I could count at least five to six other rogues, this would be a pointless fight, even if I got the leader down, I would most likely be attacked by the others too, and I wasn't a skilled fighter, sure I'm hard headed but that doesn't mean I could fight off a dozen rogues. That was suicide.

I could let them take me in an effort to save Ara, but I couldn't trust rogues, not only that but then the 'queen' would be captured. Not that I cared about that, but Ara and her instincts to protect the monarchy would bring her to protest and most likely end up fighting it. This was a bad situation to be in, how did I even get us into this?

The fight with Jason, butting heads with that immature king was enlightening to make anyone angry. Then I forgot all about my heat cycle. It was hard to believe it's been a year since the last. If I could just find an escape through all this then it'd be easy. But then there was the last problem. My scent, it was stronger now that my heat was in effect, the problem with that was how Jason would react to it. That egotistical male would be the most pushed to act on it, maybe I would be better off taking my chances at fight off over a dozen rogues then let Jason get a whiff of me.

Ara's aura was becoming more and more depressing. Giving up like I said didn't look good on her. I watched as the leader kept his eyes on her just waiting to give the signal to attack her to his men. "Ara." My voice was an a calm tone as I watched her head shoot up to look at me.  "Don't worry, I won't allow my people to suffer." Giving her a reassuring look, and a small smile I shifted, my light brown wolf stood proud, lowering to stare down the leader as her front paws let her claws dig into the soil some, getting a feel for the earth. She wanted his throat, he hurt her friend and she wasn't going to have him lay another paw on her.

A low growl rumbled through the air as other rogues soon came forward with growls of their own, still in human forms their leader push his arm out. "No just sit and watch. If the queen wants a lesson then she will get one. She's challenged a male, a being that is superior to her own. We have the bonus of extra power given to us by the moon goddess men so it shall be me who puts this bitch in her place." His strained sounding voice echoed to his men as I watched them fall back. Extra power? What was he going on about?

My wolf's ears that were previously laid back against her head were now perked up as she stared down the rogue. She too was curious of this extra power they had. I watched as he took a step forward before smirking. "I see your just as curious as your beta female, we consume the meat of other werewolves to absorb their power. Making us unstoppable." He explained as my wolf and I nearly laughed in his face. Did he truly believe that? How would that give you power, he was off his rocks and I was going to prove that too him.

Growling at him I watched as he too shifted and stood up proud as his men cheered him on, baring our teeth at him we wanted to give him a glimpse of what would be soon around his throat. I started to circle him staying low and ready to pounce while he stayed up right and wolffishly grinning at his men.

The moment I saw an opening I surged forward attacking him and taking a swipe at him, racking my claws down his face as my teeth dug into his shoulder. The grip of teeth I felt on my hide as he tried to rip me off him didn't work. I dug my teeth harder ripping into the flesh and scraping my teeth against the joint before letting it go. I was thrown off him as I then stood, my wolf licking the blood off her lips in a satisfying way as I eyed the blood running down his front left leg, and the ripped flesh of his face, the growling coming from him was loud. He wasn't pleased.

Lowering my self again I got ready to attack but the painful howl that my wolf let out stoped us, whipping our head around our eyes lock onto the other male whom had our leg his teeth, the sound of a charging wolf caused me to turn back around to face the on coming leader as he bit into my neck.

I was waiting for the sickening crunch of my throats but it never came instead the rogue lead let go of my neck and was thrown from me, in my view stood a huge wolf, protecting me as other came into view attacking the surrounding rogues. I watched this massive animal let out a terrifying growl, and the rogue leader to whimper. Jason was magnificent, he torn forward watching the rogue and throwing him around like he was a chew toy.

My wolf plopped her self down and stared at her hind leg, it was pretty torn up. Leaning our head down she starts to clean it before we are interrupted by a whine, bringing our eyes to Jason we watch him on his belly, head between his paws as he inches closer, nudging his nose against our injured leg. Going to inspect my injuries he stops before staring and growling, his eyes a swirl of back as he starts sniffing me all over. Well shit. Ara and Darin came forward and gently pushed the hormonal king back. Ara reached her arms around me hugging me as I then shifted to my skin and hugged her back.

Another ferocious growl came forth along with the sound of Darin's protests, a hand clamped itself around my wrist as I was then tugged out of Ara's hug and pulled into a hard chest, the heaving breathing was causing my head that was placed on the chest to rise and fall along with it.

My cheeks redden as I realize that we were both naked and he had me pulled right against him. Letting out another low sounding growl I could feel the power pouring out of him. "I was worried." His voice was strained, sore sounding. The warmth of his body was seeping into mine along with his scent which was now blanketing me as he pulled me tighter into him.

"Worried?" My question seemed to shock him as I felt him still at my questioning.

"Yes worried you hard headed woman! I nearly ripped out of my skin as soon as Darin told me you were taken." His head came down to rest in my shoulder as I listened to his words, and Ara's came back to me, 'he does care about you even if he doesn't show it', I brought my own arms to wrap around him and bring him into an embrace no longer caring that we were naked.

"So tell me Ella, when were you going to tell me about your heat."