chapter five.

three months later...

- deja
lucas and i are still talking, i guess we're dating now... i'm not sure. zhay and august are still gone. most of the time lucas keeps me company and sometimes domo comes over. i don't really mind, i'm usually happier alone anyway. i enjoy the peace and quietness.

good news is, my mother is coming from chicago to visit me. i think i'm going to let lucas meet her. yes, it's getting that serious.

enough of my thoughts, i have to get up for school unfortunately. school down here is different from chicago. the teachers care about our education and there are plenty more resources in which i never had access to in chicago.

-school-

i was walking to lunch when i spotted this girl staring at me. it seems as she had animosity towards me, which i'm confused because i'm not sure who she is exactly.

i decided to ask domo.

"um domo who is that hoe that's staring at me"

"ohhh that's kyra punk ass. she claims she can get anyone she wants, ive heard that she gotta thing for Lucas. like a huge thing for lucas."

"i would greatly appreciate if she would stop..."

- lucas
i'm usually with deja during lunch but today i decided to give her some space and hang with her friend. but this crazy ass girl is staring at dej and i know exactly why. kyra has been obsessed with me since middle school and she would harass any female i'll openly talk to. 

i decided to walk over the deja.

"wassup dej?" i could see she feels comfortable.

"lucas this female is staring at me and she's really tempting me. you have jealous hoes waiting to fight me already?"

"woah woah woah" i let out a chuckle.

"that female is crazy. i'm not sure what's her issue, but don't worry about it" i kissed deja on the cheek.

then someone taps me on the shoulder.

"hey lucas. i'm having a party tomorrow night. you wanna come?"

i feel deja staring a deep hole into my cheek.

"yeah, as long as my girl can come too"

"who? her?" she said as she disgustedly pointed her finger at deja.

"yeah, isn't she bad?"

-deja
this whore is absolutely ridiculous. girl who else would i be. i'm not known for anything else.

"aw thanks baby" i rubbed the back of his neck and stared kyra right in her raging eyes.

"lucas just forget about it, don't come. i'll see you later"

"no he won't love." i said while waving to her as she stormed off.

"damn lucas your hoes are wild" domo said and we all bursted out into laughter.

-after school-

once that bell ring at the end of the day i realize that school goes by so fast. but it never fails. school lets out at 2:45, and i'm in my car by 2:46. ALWAYS.

as i'm putting my things in my car i feel someone's hands wrapped around my waist. lucas.

"hey dej. wanna spend time with you today"

"well, my mom is coming to visit me sooo can come to my house so then you can meet her. maybe?" i was nervous to say that. what if he doesn't like me that much?

"yeah ma, i'll meet her. i'm surprised you want me to meet her.

"why?" i leaned on my car with my arms crossed.

"because i just didn't know you was feeling me like that. i'm glad though. anyways enough of that, i'll follow you to your place." he nods his head a proceeds to his car.

that was weird.

- lucas
generally, i'm nervous to meet deja's mother. out of out the females i've been with. i've never a female's mother before because that's right where i feel like boundaries are crossed, but with dej... this feeling is real between us.

-deja's home-
i stopped lucas before he walked onto the porch.

"my mama likes to ask alot of questions so get prepared."

"okay that cool, dej."

"no lucas i'm serious." i looked him straight in the eye.

we walked inside the house and my mother was sitting on the couch knitting. her favorite hobby.

"hola mama. ¡te extrañe!"

"¡mi niña pequeña! ¿cómo has estado?"

"buena mama. mama este es mi novio lucas. i said as i held his arm. i felt the nervousness. so cute.

"hermoso novio deja" my mother said as she brung lucas in for a hug.

-lucas
i never knew deja spoke spanish. i knew she was hispanic, but i didn't know THIS. damn, this shit is sexy.

"mister lucas, how are you?"

"i'm doing well, and you?"

"i'm doing great, happy to see my hija after so long" she rubbed deja's cheek.

"well you two look like a happy couple. any sex? protection maybe? oral penetration?"

not yet.

"mama please." deja used her whiney voice.

"hija, there has to be awareness of these things, you don't want to end up like zhayla."

"mama zh-"

deja's mother phone rings.

"oh that's my uber hija. i'm going to see my grand baby. i will call you later okay? mister lucas, take care of my baby. it was nice meeting you."

"i'm so sorry about my mother."

"no it's fine dej i promise."

i didn't mind. i expect all mother's to be that way.

- deja
the rest of the night lucas and i laid in the bed. binged watched movies and he ordered pizza. i'm having fun. i haven't been able to say that when i was still in chicago. this dude really makes me happy i hope this isn't something i'll regret.