Chapter 18

"So?" Jason's voice was strong and playful at the same time, it was shocking really, I would of answered him if I didn't wince and cringe inward a bit at the pain, causing concern to flash into his eyes.

"Ahh" my painful groan came from my lips as I retract my arms from Jason and grip at my stomach. Ara soon came over as fast as she could with her wounds and pulled me from Jason quickly, trying to assess me, which pulling me out of his touch only seemed to increase it.

"I'm sorry my king but with the injuries on her leg and body, along with the pain from her heat are too great to handle at the same time. We need to get her looked at." Ara voice entered my ears as I had my eyes closed and trying to not focus on the pain.

"No. I'm fine, I can heal." My voice struggled to get out, as I did so I heard a low growl of annoyance from Jason. Feeling his arms back around me I grunted out in pain. Forcing my eyes to open I peak a look up at the concerned face of jason, before turning my gaze to Ara who looked equally as concerned, "I'm seriously fine, I'll heal. Stop over thinking it." I force out as a Ara just shakes her head.

"That was stupid as hell, what you did back there. Stupid, but thank you ella." Ara words were harsh but kind, "you shouldn't of even of fought. If you just would have left me like I wanted then you wouldn't be hurt." She looked at the ground, eyes starring at her feet. She was blaming herself for what happened to me and I wasn't going to let her.

"Yes, well if I didn't then God knows what could of happened to you. I didn't have to fight, I did it to protect you. I care about you Ara, you my closest friend and if anything I consider you my sister." Giving her the best smile I could I told her how I felt. Arms that were still locked around me tightened, oh yeah the royal duofus sas still here.

"It's Ana's job to protect you, you will be her future Luna and queen, it shouldn't be the other way around." If Jason's words were mentioned to soothe me then it didn't work. Using the last bit of strength I had, I pushed myself away from the handsome man and watched as his face contorted into one of shock.

"And it is my job to protect our pack! If you want me as your queen of Luna's then your damn well getting a Luna." I didn't want to drag this out more than it had to be, not that o didn't want to that is.

"Well if you take that job then that makes her your beta female! Making her the job to sacrifice her life for yours if it comes down to it!" Jason's previously shocked expression turned sour. His eyes pierced through my own as he glared at me.  And me being my self, glared straight back.

"What is it with you!" I yell at him, more annoyed now then angry.

"What do you mean me? It's always you!" His reply came just as fast as he was passing my limit.

"No! It's you! You always have to argue with me!" I wasn't standing down not now, I put up with his shit too long to let it go now.

"That's because you never listen! You're just so-so haphazard! There's no pleasing you! I would of been better off choosing someone else!"

His words hung in the air, everyone was silent. "You know what you're right for once. You would of been better off." I said calmly before turning to Ara, "can you help me back please?"

"Ella." His voice was serious, as if trying to demand my attention, which I wasn't going to give him. "Come on Ella, you know I wanted to choose you, stop acting like that." Convincing words hit my ears as Ara and I were slowly walking away, she was almost healed but her strength levels were still low. I on the other hand couldn't seem to heal my leg fast enough, my heat was causing too much pain to let my body focus on the injury.

Deciding I wasn't going to entertain him by answering I continued to walk, however it was abruptly halted by an angry alpha king. His hand stay on my shoulder as if giving the signal to the others to keep walking. Looking over my shoulder at the royal jack ass I raise my eyebrow, "yes Jason?"   My voice was calm, no longer did it hold anger in it or aggression.Turning me to face him he looked down at me, "Jason, what is it ? I'm tired and -

I would of went on to say that I was tired and wanted to get home if I was cut off, it was in the middle of my explanation that the smooth skin of Jason's lips covered mine. Holding me steady he placed both hands on my bare shoulders holding me to him. His kiss was soft as if caressing my own with soft movements.

Kissing Jason pushed the pain away and made my mind focus on the soft plush lips that we pushed against my own. It was then that a over whelming feeling of tingles spread through my lips. Slowly pulling away from me, green eyes Stared down into my own.

"That should help you." Jason said as he turned away, what was he talking about how would that help with anything? As if he could read my mind he looked at me over his shoulder, "well are you just going to stand there? You should feel little to no pain for a while now." Sending a smirk my way he knew what he was doing and I didn't like it.

Glaring at his back I begin to walk towards him, I completely let him get the better of me and he knew that, he knew that I liked it, the feeling of his lips on mine.

Shifting into my fur I head off ahead of him, hopefully to catch up with Ara and the others. I was angry with my self, I let my self be pulled into him to easy. Shaking my wolf's head I rid my self of the thoughts of him and I.

Feeling a nudge to my side and look to see a much larger wolf running beside me. Rolling my eyes at Jason I tried to ignore him and pushed forward. Keeping up with my pace as we ran I could hardly focus on where we were at. Before long the trees cleared and opened up to the kings territory and just beyond that was the castle.

Thank you for all the votes and comments! I hope you guys enjoy the new chapter, please continue to vote, comment and follow! It would mean a lot, also check out my other werewolf stories;
* Natural Selection
* Inhuman