4.

3 Months Later

My life has been altering for the better since I walked out of that hospital room 3 months ago. I moved into my new house two months after that and have noticed so many positive changes. I guess I really needed that fresh start and move out of the house I had with Hailey. I have felt so much freedom designing my own space and I have loved every second of ordering furniture and decorating. There is still a lot more to go but I've had a good start.

Tyler and Nina turn a year old soon and I'm so excited. The whole family's coming for their party, including Scott and Hailey. Nina and Tyler have discovered their legs and have been crawling all around the place and their hair has grown much longer too. Nina has gotten gorgeous tiny curls on the ends of her hair that are adorable. They have become a lot more vocal and hitting more milestones everyday. If I think too hard on it I get emotional as a year ago, I was wondering if they would make it a few more days.

The perks of my new house don't end as I am finally a working nurse. There is a children's hospital fifteen minutes from here and it's exactly where I envisioned myself to work. I've finally got a proper job.

I work on certain days, so Hailey minds them sometimes but mostly it's Bethany and Chris. Bethany's nearly five months, so they said they want as much practice as they can get. I know that I need to look into getting a babysitter soon because once their baby is born, they can't keep coming down.

I haven't seen or heard from Nathan yet, Scotts still gives me unwanted updates, the most recent one- Nathan is going through a rough time. I haven't want to hear anything about him or his 'rough time'. A small part of me feels sympathetic but I try not to. I remind myself of what he's done and I am glad that he is not in my life.

Today is Tuesdays one of my free days, so I've decided to work around the house. I got really old clothes on and got out paints I recent bought. I am finally painting the twins room today and hopefully the living room, if I can get around to it. I tidied the room then covered everything with sheets and started.

I am painting everything cool colours so for now, Tyler's side of the room will be a baby blue and on Nina's side it will flow into a soft lilac. Even though the colours are different, they suit together well. I also have cute block letters of their names to hang up on their wall once it dries. I made sure the kids are safe in their play pen in my room, as I went to work on theirs.

I started with Tyler's side putting on some low music so I could hear them in the next room. I danced around dipping the paint brush in and doing strokes up and down. After about half an hour his side was finished and I picked up another paint brush doing Nina's side. After both sides were done I finished with painting the ceiling with a simple white. When everything was finished, I closed the paints going into my room.

Nina and Tyler were both sitting down in the play pen and shaking their toys around. I picked them both up and brought them down to the living room. I smiled at them putting them down on the play mat I had set down. I can't wait till they can go downstairs them selves and I don't have to carry them around although I know I will miss that when the time comes.

After a few minutes I was interrupted by the door bell and I instantly shot up. I wasn't expecting anyone, so the noise unnerved me. I slowly back track out of the sitting room and head to the door, keeping a close eye on the babies as I do.

Then I opened it and the person I least expected stood there.

Nathan.

Although this Nathan, he looked nothing like the Nathan I knew in the hospital. His dark brown hair was tossed and unkept. His eyes bloodshot fed accompanied with a dark bag underneath it. Nathan looked horrible and all I could do was stand there with my mouth wide open.