1.2

-POV Zelda-

"Alex, why did you guys do that?" I paced back and forth with tears in my eyes.

"We did it because that Opal bitch ruined our plan and because you've gone soft on us!" Alex yelled and slammed his hand down on the table.

"I haven't gone soft! I've just chosen to do the right thing over the wrong thing! You people are monsters and I have no idea why I stayed with you all this time!"

Alex walked up to me, then slapped me. My hand rushed to my cheek to assess the burning sensation. "You stayed with us because you're a helpless girl that acts strong but really doesn't know what strong is!" He yelled back, by now I'm sure his neighbors weren't too happy.

"I may be weak but I know what's good for me and Opal is a great influence! You and Mags and just everyone you hang out with are bad influences on me! I'm on my third year of college for fuck's sake it's about time I shape up and take school more seriously than I already am!" I yelled back just as loud. Alex still standing in front of me. He then did something I didn't expect.

He pulled me in close to his face and kissed me, I resisted and pulled away, it was my turn to slap him. I hit him as hard as I could and ran for the door.

"You can't run from your problems forever!" He yelled as I slammed the door behind me.

I got back to my car and rested my head on the setting wheel. Then I started to cry. I just wanted to curl into a ball and cry, but I had to drive.

I drove slowly on the dark road, my eyes blurred with tears. I needed Opal, but she didn't come to any of the classes today, she must be out with Samm.

Without Opal, I turned to the one other person I knew I could talk too, Belle my ex-girlfriend.

I called her and she gladly welcomed me into her apartment. The room smelled like pizza, she's a pizza delivery girl. She welcomed me to eat all the cold pizza I wanted out of the fridge.

She and I talked all night, I told her about my situation and she let me cry on her shoulder, for a long, long time. So long, in fact, I fell asleep.

Belle and I broke up because I started hanging out with Alex and his gang. She didn't think they were a good influence and I wouldn't listen to her. The day after I was taken in by the police for robbing a convenient store with Alex, she broke up with me. I should have listened to her, to begin with. I wouldn't have been in this situation if I had.

I woke up with a terrible pain in my neck from sleeping on her shoulder.

"Good morning," she said with a warm welcoming smile. I missed that smile. I missed her. Belle was my little baby, her dirty blonde hair always getting stuck in her lip gloss.

She stood up and walked to the kitchen, I stayed on the couch waiting for her. She returned with a hot cup of coffee, "here," she handed it to me. It was warm. Like her. Suddenly everything reminds me of her.

I sat there and sipped the coffee. She stood and watched me until she finally broke the silence.

"I miss you, Zelda, I miss you so much, I'm so, so, so sorry I shouldn't-" I stopped her.

"It's alright Belle if anything it's my fault I should have listened to you in the first place." I put the cup of coffee down on the table.

Belle suddenly threw herself down next to me on the couch and engulfed me in a hug. Then it progressed.

We started to kiss. And it turned into a make out session. She tried to go further, but I stopped her.

"Why not?" She asked looking up at me with pleading eyes.

"I just.. I can't." I got up, "I think I'm going to leave." I got up and went out the door and got back into my car. I started to cry. Again. What was wrong with me? I'm losing all strength I had left. 

I needed Opal, but she wasn't answering her phone. She'd always listen and understand me. She's one if the few that understands me. Belle being the other, but she wouldn't understand what's happening to me. I don't even know what's happening to me.

I got home and decided to paint. Painting always helped me understand how I feel.

I got my paint tray and put a large canvas on my easel. I grabbed my black and red acrylic paint and started slashing away at the canvas.

Soon I was adding yellow in and blue. Four hours later I finished. I didn't put an apron on so I had covered myself in the paint. I took a step back to look at the painting. I didn't even know what I was painting while painting it.

What I was looking at confused me. A dark forest with a dark blue sky. All the dark trees had yellow and red leafs.

Normally I'd know what I painted and what it meant but this confused me, I didn't understand it. At all.

Frustrated I threw my paint tray into the floor and threw myself into my bed.

I really need Opal.