3:06

| THE AFTERMATH: CHAPTER SIX |

| THE AFTERMATH:
CHAPTER SIX |

Rhea arrived once again at St. James, wanting nothing more to embrace Kol— the day had taken it out of her. Vincent and Davina had to channel a lot of her power and for once, she felt weakened. She had made sure that Davina got home ok, certain that Ares would've already been waiting for her there— the ancestors hold on him wasn't enough to warrant him being held in St. James, unlike Kol.

The club was empty, Rhea noticed, the only person there being Marcel, looking sullen as he sipped on a glass of scotch.

"Where the hell is Kol? And Ares? Are they okay?" She questioned, instantly worrying about two of the three most important people in her life.

"They're gone, Rhea." Marcel sighed, knowing that this was not going to go down well.

"Tell me you're joking," Rhea started, when Marcel said nothing, she became frantic, "Why? We stopped the spell. This place is safe, why?"

Marvel slid her a glass of scotch, "Its not a permanent solution. You'll find one, I know you and Davina will. But, until then, they left to keep the both of you safe."

"No." Rhea said, completely in denial, she didn't believe that Kol or her brother would leave, she refused to believe it.

"I have to tell Davina.." Rhea realised, growing tearful.

"Look, Rhea, everyone around has noticed how much different Kol is with you now, and I might have only known him for two centuries— but this is the first time I've seen him do the right thing by you." Marcel told her, he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

She nodded, before leaving without another word.

Once she returned home, she was instantly bombarded with questions by her friend, worrying about her brothers whereabouts.

"He's gone, D. They both left." Rhea cut in, Davina stopped talking instantly.

"W-what?" Davina asked, her own voice breaking slightly.

"They're gone." Rhea repeated, moving to sit beside her friend on the sofa, "They actually left." Davina looked at her friend in concern, uncertain whether she was trying to convince herself or not.

Davina didn't know what to say, she was angry that Ares had left without saying goodbye, even more angry that he thought he was protecting them by doing so and what she was most angry about, was Kol leaving Rhea.

Davina put her arm around her friend, pulling her close, it was then that Rhea burst into tears.

"Sh, sh, sh, it'll all be okay. I promise." Davina said, though she felt her own tears stinging her eyes.