Chapter Eleven

"Daddy?" Zain asked as he swayed his legs back and forth on the counter. I watched him out of the corner of my eye, waiting for him to fall, it happens every single time he goes up there, but he always sits up there again, swinging his damn legs.

"Yes, baby?" I ask slightly iritated from my encounter earlier with Silas, who I haven't seen yet, but I male sure that I keep it out of my voice, Zain is very sensitive and will start crying if he thinks he did something wrong.

"Why are we leaving?" He asked as he tilted his head. I sighed before setting down my spoon and walking over to him and inbetween his little legs. They stop swinging, giving me a sort of comforting feeling, and he wraps then around my waist.

"You know Silas and I are mates, right?" He nods his head adorably while smiling at me with his little baby teeth.

"Well, Silas is an alpha, and an alpha can't leave his pack, so, we go to his pack and live there. Eventually we will mate, and have pups, just like all the other mates." I shrug my shoulders even though my cheeks are blazing. We haven't talked about having pups yet, Silas and I, but I assume it's on the agenda. All mates want to breed with eachother, me being no exception, all the difference is that I know I will be the one holding the pup, the mother in the relation, not the father, not that it bothers me, I guess my personality kind of spells it out for me.

"Oh, so when I get a mate, will I move away with him?" Zain asked as he wrinkles his nose at me. I smile as I bump my nose against his and giggle with him.

"Well, it all depends, you might, or you mate, he or she, will stay with you, in your pack." I explain even though I know it is only going in one ear and out the next, this mist be the tenth time we have talked about Mayes since Silas showed up, and he is still asking.

"Well, I want to stay with you, because I love you!" He cheered before pushing away from me, jumping off the counter, and heading to his partly empty room. I had given up on pack earlier when Silas told me about my parents approval, I knew there was no way they would let us leave, so I left everything where it was and didn't yell at Zain and Gabriel when they took their toys back out of the boxes to play with.

"I wish you could stay with me forever baby, but sometimes you don't get what you want." I tell him seriously as I think about the past few days. I wanted to leave, oh so bad, but then Silas shows up and says that we can't because my parents have to give him their blessing or some crap like that.

"Well, I always want you to be happy daddy, so whatever I have to do, I will do it." He cried out indignantly before charging back to his messy room and playing with his cars. I smile at his back before going into the scarce living room and sitting on the love seat.

Did Silas really want what is best for me? Does Kota? I feel like everything they have done lately, proves that they don't. Silas wouldn't tell me that we couldn't leave because of my parents - if you can even call then that - and Kota doesn't tell me that the pack literally has a bullseye on them, one that most surrounding, and close packs are targeting.

How am I suppose to keep them safe?, it's my job, I'm the big brother, it's hat we do, terrorize our younger siblings, but comfort them when they need it, and direct then into the right passage, but how can I do that, if I don't know what the heck is going on.