DESCRIPTION

Have you ever looked at someone and thought:

Damn. I want to own a dog with this person.

Well, that's what Carl thought every single time he saw her.

He watched her from afar, a burning sensation of pure anger growing in his chest.

Why was she with him? They looked so happy and in love. It made him sick.

She should be with Carl. They were destined for each other.

He yanked his backpack off the ground and angrily got on his bike as he saw them kissing.

She still loved him, Carl was sure. And he would do anything to remind her that she did. After all, she was his.

Dominique was his.

•••

Poppy had never reached the expectations of her parents.

She always tried, too hard, actually. It just never seemed to be enough.

This led to them treating her as if she was an actual imbecile.

Which she wasn't. She used words like imbecile, for Christ's sake!

She had straight A's, always listened, did anything they wanted, hell, she even gave up her ukelele because they wanted her to learn piano.

But, even then, it never fulfilled.

All Poppy wanted was to be enough, she would do anything to prove it.

It just didn't seem like she would ever succeed.

So, she gave up on that, and decided that if she was never going to be enough, she might as well stop attempting to try to be.

Now, she just wanted to piss them off.

this is not a prologue. in the first chapter, carl and dominique will still be together, and poppy will still be trying to make her parents happy.

just clearing things up :)