[28]: CONSTELLATION

__
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT;
[ CONSTELLATION]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT;[ CONSTELLATION][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

There is only one kind of shock worse than the totally unexpected: the expected for which one has refused to prepare.

Athena, in this utterly and very heart shattering situation, could say for herself in that moment that she did not prepare for what was expected: reuniting with her group. She did not know what to say, what to think, who to look at, and who to run to first. They all looked at her as if they were waiting, whether it was waiting for the brunette to collapse to the ground, or waiting for her to throw herself into somebody's arms, they were all waiting for something to happen. And by the looks of it, they all expected Athena to make the first move.

But she didn't.

Her eyes drifted remarkably slow, as if everyone and everything around her had suddenly lost its speed. She saw Glenn; the tan skinned boy—no, man—with the warm touch that made her glow and shiver all at once. She saw him, the one she was hopelessly beginning to fall for, run towards her, eyes wild and a grin plastered on his face.

He crashed into her, but not roughly, softly. As if he just knew she already had wounds fatal to reopening at the touch. Glenn's arms wrapped around her waist, hands gliding ever so slowly before they lightly brought their bodies much closer than ever before. Athena could feel it, even before he was touching her, the warmth that he provided and the feeling of security that was soon to engulf her. Glenn radiated like the sun.

And when Athena wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling the hair on the back of his neck spike upwards from her cool touch, did the man kiss her cheek before burying himself in her neck. Athena's lips lightly parted, a rush of hotness making its way up to her cheeks. Her body was a container of heat now, bearing the feelings and thoughts she could not say or express—but only feel.

"I'm—I'm so happy you're safe now," he mumbled into her skin, and a wave of shivers went down Athena's spine again. His words were laced with a tone that she couldn't really recognize, but it was clear that he had been worried for her, and was more than happy to have her back. "I missed you so much, Athena—I, I thought you were dead."

She felt something wet fall on her neck, and Athena's heart shattered. Glenn was crying.

"I'm not, Glenn," Athena coaxed, pressing her face into his hair before kissing his head. "I'm here, and I promise I'm not leaving again anytime soon." Athena pulled away briefly, reaching up to his face and wiping away any stray tears that had fallen from his red eyes. "No more crying, okay? It's a good day—today's a good day."