Chapter 6: The horror

'I guess I should watch him grow up first.'

I lied back to the bed and got back to my semi-conscious state. 

Rui Wei can immediately freeze the condensed water. But freezing the Water Qi itself takes time.... The spy who was even watching over them was able to escape from her grasp.

Rui Wei spent the night cultivating.

In the middle of the night, she unknowingly had a successful breakthrough, followed by another one--

Her second breakthrough attracted the Water Qi like a magnet, she felt the immense amount of Water Qi gather around her.

When the Water Qi continuously entered her, it started to rotate around her, making the room freezing cold.

'Is this a disruption in water Qi?! What's happening?' Rui Wei was confused with the sudden increase of Water Qi.

-

Rui Wei's previous breakthrough were nothing to mention, it did not attract this kind of amount of Water Qi, but she did indeed felt refreshed-- she always thought that she was just imagining things. She did not feel an increase of power like what the other cultivators feel when they breakthrough, so Rui Wei does not know what is happening.

Rui Wei, is laying on her bed looking like she is on a deep sleep, the baby on her left side is also sleeping peacefully.

Her beautiful face suddenly frowned-- as if she encountered a problem...

The Water Qi was abnormally circling around her, making the room drop the temperature--

'This...'

The baby, feeling uncomfortable woke up on his blissful sleep and broke the silence of the night with his piercing cry.

"UWAAAAaaaaaah!!! Aaaaaaaaah! Waaaaah!!"

Rui Wei's concentration was disrupted, and she was suddenly cut off in her semi-conscious state.

The Water Qi stopped rotating and slowly floated in a random manner.

Her eyes snapped open, as she tasted a metal like liquid and then--

"Bleurgh--" she puked a mouthful of blood.

The white sheets were immediately saturated with her blood, Ruzi was still crying and flailing on her side.

'Fuck-- Qi Backlash!!... That should be a supposedly breakthrough... But--'

I looked at the crying Ruzi at my side, and could only sigh...

'Ugh, next time I need to cultivate in a more secluded place.'

Rui Wei sighed, she extended her hands and gently caressed his forehead, a light enveloped him making him fall asleep.

Rui Wei stood up and cleaned the blood on the sheets.

After that Rui Wei gently put her hands in her chest, feeling her beating heart. She slowly and surely guided the water qi inside her, healing her damaged internal organs--

Rui Wei indulge herself on healing her internal injuries, Rui Wei kneaded her injuries patiently-- 

Ruzi's peaceful breathing, was the only thing that could be heard inside the room, as Rui Wei has already managed to master a breathing technique which helps her hide the sound of her breath.

---

3rd Madam Residence; 

A gentle knock resounded the silent room.