Chapter Twenty

Hey guys! Ok so this is a little shorter than usual but it's an update sooner than I usually do. I had major inspiration because I recently went to Universal Studios. Literally, HOLY SHIT. Hogsmeade and  Hogwarts were so great!! It was awesome please go if you haven't, it's amazing. Ok you can read now! ENJOY AND DONT FORGET TO COMMENT!
xoxo
______________________
Delia
.
.
.
I couldn't believe my luck this year. I mean, I was always wandering about after dark in the castle and I'd never been caught. The infirmary was almost pitch black, not a sound filling the room.
"Lumos." I whispered, shielding some of the white light emitting from my wand so I'd have just enough to see and not get caught. I squinted and saw him sitting up slightly in his bed, probably trying to figure out who I was.
"Who are you? Don't you know better than to bother someone who's trying to sleep?" He said in a frustrated whisper. I rolled my eyes and walked closer, sitting on his stool.
"Oh stop your whining, Draco. You sound like Pansy." I lit the small candle on the table next to his bed, a small flame shining it yellow light across his pale skin.
"Dee? What are you doing here?"
"Visiting you of course. How are you?" I could feel my nervousness rising again as my palms started to sweat. Don't be a prat, Delia.
"I'm alright. Wouldn't be here if it weren't for Potter."
"Draco, please. I came so we could talk. Can you get up?" He slowly moved his legs so they would be hanging over the bed. I noticed his striped pajamas and smiled.
"What are you laughing at?" I giggled and he pulled me to him, faces only inches apart even though I was significantly shorter than him. I was on my tiptoes as he looked at me with those beautiful grey eyes. My breath hitched in my throat and my heart quickened.
"Nothing, I just.." His nose brushed against mine and I licked my lips.
"You smell like flowers." His breath tickled my lips and he finally placed his lips on mine. I responded immediately and wrapped his arms around his neck. Everything was so natural with him, almost like we'd been doing this for years, decades even, not months. My stomach fluttered as he pulled away, caressing my hair and placing me flat on the ground.
"Let's um go. I want to go to our place." I took his hand and we slowly walked out of the hospital wing, down the corridors. Soon we were in the astronomy tower, the view almost completely black except for the soft light coming from what I assumed to be Hagrid's. I tucked my hair behind my ear, leaning on the railing that overlooked the grounds.
"I just want to know what's going on with Pansy." Draco looked at me and scoffed, chuckling.
"What do you mean? You know it's nothing."
"Sorry I don't see what's so funny, Draco."
"Christ, Delia. I don't know what to tell you." I turned away from him, clenching my teeth. After a few moments, I whipped my head to look at him and narrowed my eyes.
"You don't get it do you? Draco, it hurts to see you with her."
"I know it does. Honestly, I-"
"No you don't, Draco!" I yelled at him in frustration. He looked at the floor, not meeting my gaze. I let out an exasperated breath and ran a hand through my tangled hair.
"Seeing you hug her, hold her hand and laugh with her...Draco you don't know. You don't know what it does to me. And when you kiss her..." My eyes watered but he continued to look at the floor.
"And then after you do the same things with me and I can't help but wonder, is he playing us both?" Draco looked up at me as soon as the words left my mouth, angry.
"What the fuck are you talking about, Delia?"
"You're leading her on, making her think you feel for her when you don't. Or, at least, you say you don't."
"You know I don't."
"No, I don't. The way you're going back and forth is giving me whiplash. Makes me wonder if you even genuinely care for me. If you can do it to her, why not me?" He got in my face, nostrils flaring and I stepped back.
"I don't even know why the fuck you're saying all this! Is it Potter feeding you this rubbish?" he spat at me furiously, clenching his fists. I could feel the anger radiating from his body but I couldn't go on like this.
"You've been saying for months that you'd get rid of her so forgive me if I tire of hearing the same bullshit excuses! And don't you dare bring Harry into this!"
"Well if you just showed some fucking patience instead of acting like a bloody idiot!" I was taken aback by what he said and I looked down as a tear slipped down my face.
"You're right. I'm an idiot for thinking you cared." He sighed, throwing his hands in the air.
"I don't know what to tell you, Delia. I have enough pressure from my father, I don't need it from you." I nodded and didn't respond. I felt an immense weight on my shoulders, threatening to crush me. My heart hurt in sadness at his insensitive remarks. Why didn't he understand?
"I don't understand why you can't realize that I'm doing this for us. I have to make it believable to my father or I'll be ruined. We'll be ruined."
"I can't understand, Draco, because I've fallen for you." More tears spilled over as his eyes softened. He moved towards me and I stepped back, my heart pounding.
"And for the record, you're right, I am an idiot. For loving you." I walked away from him, hair covering my face as sobs escaped me. I couldn't take this anymore. My heart was too invested in this boy. I deserved better but I didn't want anyone besides him. Months wasted on wishful thinking. What'd you expect, Delia? For him to choose you over his family? His reputation?

Just then, I was pulled into a room but I couldn't see because of the tears that clouded my eyes. I felt cold lips on mine, desperate hands roaming my skin and I was shocked to see a familiar face. My eyes widened and I felt him lay me presumably on a bed of some sort, realizing it had to be the room of requirement. Draco's body pressed against mine as his lips moved from my mouth to my neck. Electricity ran through my veins as he sucked on my sweet spot, earning a gasp from me. My hands tangled in his hair as he brought his lips back to mine, rolling over so I was on top of him. His cold hands found their way under my shirt and I relished at the feeling of our skin touching. Goosebumps rose on my skin and I kissed him like he was going to disappear at any minute. He bit my lip and slid his tongue into my mouth, switching again so he was on top of me. I'd never felt him be so desperate, and it was intoxicating. Draco's kisses slowed to sweet, slow ones still causing my heart to beat erratically. He pulled away, brushing my cheek with his thumb.
"For the record, I love you too, Dee." My heart fluttered and I couldn't help the cheeky grin that formed on my lips. I pulled him in and kissed him hard on the mouth, inhaling the familiar peppermint scent. He rolled over next to me and slid his hand into mine, turning his head to look at me. I knew we had to get back to the hospital wing soon but I was too happy to care. I'd never had someone say they loved me back, and the feeling was like no other. I felt optimistic about us and we'd talk the rest of it out sooner or later but I was grateful for this piece of perfection.