54. Archery & Anarchy

Sorry for the wait!

Dedicated to Anika_17899 for your amazing support, encouragement, covers and just for being an amazing reader! Thank you!

A huge shoutout kaybabyxoxo. Thank you for being so passionate about Unconditionally. Your comments make me happy!

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

Suzzanah's POV

The minute I walked onto the ground, the loud rambunctious crowd quietened down to complete silence so fast, it was like someone had muted a show on television.

With every step I took I could feel it vividly, every gaze in the Grounds directed my way, boring into me like a million and one X-ray beams. I could feel myself being scrutinized through and through- be it my attitude, my attire, my gait, my shoes, my physique, my hair, my every single molecule.

And I...was okay. I was still okay.

As I walked towards the field, Rino and Mr. Talon took their leave, going to sit in the stands beside General Reginald. And even though I distinctly felt like a lone warrior marching into battle against an enormous army, I somehow managed to keep a straight face. I somehow managed to maintain composure.

Even though the silence soon turned deafening, and the attention soon turned suffocating, I tried not to let it bother me. I tried not to let it show.

And I managed.

I didn't know how and I didn't know why, but somehow this morning, I woke up feeling different. It wasn't like I had transformed into a whole new person or anything like that, no. It was more like I had finally grown into something that had always been right there.

And it felt right.

Tipping my head up slightly, I looked straight towards the podium and it took me less than half a second to locate the prominent frame of my mate. When my eyes met his, he was already looking at me and the first thing I noticed was how dark his eyes appeared even in broad daylight.

A wave of electricity raged down my back as I watched his now obsidian eyes trail down me languidly, drinking in every inch of my appearance as though he were memorizing it. Heat rose to my cheeks and I swallowed involuntarily when I noticed his gaze linger for much longer on my legs, my hips and breasts.

I was well aware that my appearance today was very different from how I usually dressed. Roma had helped me pick out an outfit which she thought would be fit for today.

I was dressed in a low-neck green full-sleeved T-shirt which fit my frame to perfection. A brown crop vest hugged my chest tightly, accentuating my cleavage.

Underneath those, I wore dark brown jeans and knee-high brown leather boots. My waist was encircled by a brown belt with golden buttons which glistened under the sun.